Wetek Hub New Hardware Revision?

• Hi. I suspect Wetek Hub changed their hardware. I have an old Wetek Hub bought last year & another one bought just this month. LE 8.0.2 works flawlessly on the old Hub while the same micro SD has a problem with the new Hub. The wifi doesn't work. I can't see any SSID. Anyone else experience this?

• Official Post

We haven't heard of any hardware changes being done on the Wetek Hub. Perhaps you can upload a dmesg listing of each Wetek Hub, that should reveal something:

Code
    dmesg | paste

and share both URLs here. It could also 'simply' be a hardware failure on the new Hub.

• I dont think it's a hardware failure. The wifi works if I use the Android that came with the Wetek Hub.

Sorry. How do I bring up the terminal in LibreElec? Is dmesg | paste all I need to do? Where can I read more on reporting so I can post the findings here? Thank you

• Here's the dmesg for the old Hub. Here're the steps I did:

1. Boot up & initialize.

2. Sign into wifi ssid.

3. Turn on ssh.

4. turn on debug log

5. toggle wifi

6. plug in ethernet

7. ssh

8. pastebinit

TCOT

Then I put the same micro sd in the new Hub, boot it up.

1. Toggled wifi

2. Plugged ethernet

3. ssh

4. pastebinit

gTWg

• LibreELEC has a built-in pastebinit function for texts and text files. So you will need to log in via SSH to type in commands.

You probably need to connect your Hub via a network cable (since wifi is a problem).

Look at the instructions of how to access your kodi box . Once you are on the command line, you can type away.

Thanks, Klojum. I hope I did it right.

• Official Post

You got the SSH working and got something pasted, so 2 out of 3 isn't bad :P

You now posted kodi.log files, which are fine for troubleshooting Kodi as an application.

For testing/reviewing hardware, a dmesg listing is required.

Since you think that the Wetek Hub has different hardware, we need dmesg listings of both your Hubs, as pointed out earlier. :)

• auren I've just been told that there is indeed a new/renamed wifi chip in the Wetek Hub. So Kodi 8.0.2 probably stumbles on that one.

Obviously the Wetek Hub build needs to be updated. Whether that will be an updated 8.0.2 or a 8.0.3 build, that needs to be decided. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks, Klojum . Do you still want me to do the dmesg? Or should I let the pros handle it from here? hehe. Is it just "dmesg | paste" on the ssh prompt?

• It seems the wheels on the new wifi hardware are already in motion.

No real need for the dmesg listing now, but you can try yourself and see what happens, just for educational use of SSH ;)

Haha. Thank you :) I intend to :)