[TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

• Sorry, No lines in my picture. I see that you have another version then i have, mine is 59hz. I would like to try your version of the flick but your download doesn't work

• I just tested testing6 on my 42GT60 plasma with Nexbox A95X (905X). I have gathered some testing video files over the time from this forum and some do not work;

Good and works:

Tested some movies / series in mkv4 h264

Sony Camp 4K Demo.mp4

Bad:

Escape to the Country-BBC ONE HD2017-04-0415-00-1.ts - shudders (shudder also with testing4)

Sony_BRAVIA_OLED_HDR.mp4 - image is inverse (works with testing4)

Edited once, last by pipo1000 (June 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM).

• Sorry, No lines in my picture. I see that you have another version then i have, mine is 59hz. I would like to try your version of the flick but your download doesn't work

Just downloaded your file, and I'm "sorry" to say... There is no macroblocking or flicker of any kind. The picture is perfect.

• 422 green screen in test 6 test1 ok

Assuming 4:2:2 10bit? Are you manually setting 422, or is this just on <50hz playback? What happens if you set 444 like in OP? Or do you mean it's occurring on 422 media?

It looks like the 20170515 updates fixed the inverse image, I'll look into it. For the BBC One file with shudders, could you try the following before playback? echo 4 > /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/dec_control

Get my Bqeel M9Cmax today. All fine with HEVC 10 Bit Playback and HDR, but one problem i have.

Why is Hyperion not working?

I don't have a Hyperion setup, so I need more info and a log. HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

• Ok, that was my fault. Hyperion works. I forgot to adjust the hyperion config. As far as everything works perfectly. The only one that does not work are HEVC HDR videos with Hyperion. There are only green frog pictures to see :)

The test version 6 runs so well that I think this to install in the NAND.

• Hi John, does your build support internal Tuners like KII Pro or KI Pro ?

can we just update your latest test build on afl1 build ?

If they're supported in kszaq's builds, then they're supported here. You can update as with any other build (place in .update or write to sd).

Quote from lufa2710

Manually setting 4.2.2 on both 8 and 10 bit 1080p green screen all the time

But if you play <50hz media without setting attr you don't get it? What happens if you set 444,10bit as in the OP?

• It looks like the 20170515 updates fixed the inverse image, I'll look into it. For the BBC One file with shudders, could you try the following before playback? echo 4 > /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/dec_control

This works, now the BBC One video is playing correctly without stutters. :) By the way with the stutters it looks like the playing is dropping 2 to 3 frames each second. What does this setting do and does it have any side-effects?

• On 50 hz ok and 4.4.4 ok i set this in autostart.sh without autostart.sh ewrythinght ok

Okay. With the command in OP, it will still set 422 on >=50hz, so it's recommended to just use that command then.

This works, now the BBC One video is playing correctly without stutters. :) By the way with the stutters it looks like the playing is dropping 2 to 3 frames each second. What does this setting do and does it have any side-effects?

It may have side effects. It's a default setting in kszaq's builds that I removed after a user reported it caused playback issues for them (but may have been related to other changes). I'll add it back and see how it goes.

• Forcing 422 on <50hz there is almost no BLUE color;) On my tv i can select R, G or B channel, and the red and green looks ok, but the blue is almost black.

• Forcing 422 on <50hz there is almost no BLUE color;) On my tv i can select R, G or B channel, and the red and green looks ok, but the blue is almost black.

I can confirm and it may be due to the most recent change. I'll check, however there's no need to force 4:2:2 which goes against the default behavior of the box (switching to 4:2:2 at >=50hz).

• Hi John, does your build support internal Tuners like KII Pro or KI Pro ?

can we just update your latest test build on afl1 build ?

If they're supported in kszaq's builds, then they're supported here. You can update as with any other build (place in .update or write to sd).

Internal dvb tuner isn't supported in testing6. johngalt fix your sources, you have to update linux patches for nougat. Look in my branch

LibreELEC.tv/projects/S905/patches/linux at 8.0.2-testing6 · afl1/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Also update dtb for KI Pro, there is fix for IR.

KI_Pro-nougat.dtb