Librespot addon

• Hey guys,

after updating librespot to the newest version 9.80.3.123 it doesn't start anymore.

Iam using the latest milhouse release #0430 with an Intel NUC7PJYH. The previous version works without any issues.

If I try to start the addon, I get the following error message:

hastebin

Anybody got an idea why librespot won't start?

• Official Post

Hello brot

I am not sure what is happening on your system.

Could you provide the output of 'pactl list modules short', to check that the addon has correctly set up pulseaudio.

• Any ideas?

• Official Post

Any ideas?

Hello 4Style

It is difficult for me to assess your problem:

- I do not know what version of Librespot is shipped with CoreELEC

- you do not provide a log

- I am not able to run CoreELEC or build addons for that distribution

I am however willing to assist.

Please tell me what version of Librespot you are trying to run, and in return I will tell you how to provide a log.

Your description hints at a mndns/dns-sd issue. Have you tried to disable discovery mode (and enter username/password) in the addon settings?

• Okay i'm sorry but i think i have now a few informations that could help you.

First i disabled the spotifyd addon and the spotify addon from marcelveldt to prevent any cross-effects.

The spotify addon from marcelveldt also ships a spotify connect feature, which works for me, but is very unreliable.

The version that is shipped with Coreelec is 123 (the one with the ascii strings), so it should be quite up to date.

I tried to disable the discovery mode and entered my credentials, but this didn't change the situation (of course with disabling and enabling the addon and doing a restart of the whole system).

I also tried switching to another port, in case the port would be blocked by some other application, but also without success.

I can provide you the logs from the log generator (?), that is shipped with Coreelec, maybe you can find something here: http://ix.io/2l89

There is more going on than I've seen a few days ago.

• Official Post

4Style,

Your log contains a lot of such lines:

Code
    CoreELEC kernel: "librespot" (4646) uses deprecated CP15 Barrier instruction at 0xab353840

According to this, people aren't / won't be able to use Rust on Linux with CP15_BARRIER_EMULATION=y & abi.cp15_barrier=1 (emulation, default value) & arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf toolchain.

This could be the case for CoreELEC.

• 4Style,

Your log contains a lot of such lines:

Code
    CoreELEC kernel: "librespot" (4646) uses deprecated CP15 Barrier instruction at 0xab353840

According to this, people aren't / won't be able to use Rust on Linux with CP15_BARRIER_EMULATION=y & abi.cp15_barrier=1 (emulation, default value) & arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf toolchain.

This could be the case for CoreELEC.

All right thanks, I don't understand much of this, but do you think i should report this issue to the coreelec devs, so they can adjust their tool chain?

• Perfect, thanks a lot!

Edit: This was easier to fix than i thought. You just have to put this:

Code
    echo 2 >/proc/sys/abi/cp15_barrier

in file /storage/.config/autostart.sh and it runs well. Could be helpful for other user here around.

Shoutouts to vpeter for the quick solution :)

Edited 2 times, last by 4Style: Found a solution (May 7, 2020 at 8:24 PM).

• I am on a RPi4 with LibreELEC 9.2 installed Librespot 123. Librespot is not being detected on any of the devices in the house even though they are all under the same network (submask).

I have Spotify Premium and Spotify Connect works with other devices in the house.

I also tested Librespot 121, and 122. The Spotify Add-on from marcveldt was in stalled before but uninstalled.

This is the Librespot log that I get. Any idea what is happening?

• Official Post

Did you set 'wait for network' in LibreELEC network settings? If not, do so and reboot.

Otherwise, your log does not show anything abnormal.

• Did you set 'wait for network' in LibreELEC network settings? If not, do so and reboot.

Otherwise, your log does not show anything abnormal.

I just turned on "wait for network" but it did not resolve the issue. Librespot is not shown in any of the devices tested.

Maybe it has to do with the general detectability of Kodi. I wanted to set up the remote using Kore (Android remote app) and Kodi wasn't automatically found. I had to add the details manually to establish a connection. This is weird since earlier versions of LibreELEC were found on the network without issues.

Do you think the problems are related?

• Official Post

I just turned on "wait for network" but it did not resolve the issue. Librespot is not shown in any of the devices tested.

Maybe it has to do with the general detectability of Kodi. I wanted to set up the remote using Kore (Android remote app) and Kodi wasn't automatically found. I had to add the details manually to establish a connection. This is weird since earlier versions of LibreELEC were found on the network without issues.

Do you think the problems are related?

You might try two things:

1. check that avahi is enabled in LibreELEC settings, and if not enable it

2. If that does not fix your issue, disable discovery mode in Librespot settings and enter your username/password

• You might try two things:

1. check that avahi is enabled in LibreELEC settings, and if not enable it

2. If that does not fix your issue, disable discovery mode in Librespot settings and enter your username/password

avahi is turned on and active:

Code
    avahi-daemon.service                   loaded active       running      stop  Avahi Daemon

I disabled recovery mode and used my user id and both possible password (account password and device-specific password)

Both options did not work. I don't see librespot as option in my devices.

Anything else I could check?