Librespot addon

• Hi, i am new here.

how can I play spotify through Pulse on LibreElec 9.1,501?. I can not see _Librespot in the Spotify to Connect.

Thank you

addon version 117

LE: 9.1.501

Raspberry Pi 4

Connection: Wifi

Yes, Spotify premium

Edited once, last by Javicampos (October 12, 2019 at 8:40 AM).

• Librespot for LibreELEC should be advertised as 'Kodi (LibreELEC)' or 'Kodi (the_name_you_gave_to_your_libreelec_system)'

• Running Kodi Leia on Libreelec and added your addon successfully. No username or password entered (if I do then "kodi lounge" cannot be seen in the list on my phone. I have a free Spotify account.

I see "kodi lounge" as an option on my phone and can click connect but always stays at "connecting" and never connects.

My son comes over for a visit and bam he can connect straight away and it works awesomely. He has a Premium Spotify account. If he is connected and then I try connecting then it kicks him off but I still stay at "connecting" until it times out.

Both our phones are Android.

I also have a PC running on Fedora Linux and can see "kodi lounge" but same result ... always "connecting".

No problems from my phone or PC to my Google Home speaker.

Edited once, last by duncang92: Did some more googling and remote logged into my htpc running kodi and looked at the journal ...... addon requires a Premium account. I will be getting myself a premium account. Awesome addon .... thanks so much. (October 15, 2019 at 1:46 AM).

• Hi there!

Librespot stopped working for me since 3 or 4 days ago. The system is not visible as a playback device in Spotify anymore. Neither on my smartphone, nor laptop, and even after several re-activations of the add-on as well as restarts of the whole system. I updated a few plug-ins, but didn't change anything else before that or since then. Maybe something on Spotify's side changed?

Thanks a lot for all the great work you put into this add-on! :)

• Hi there!

Librespot stopped working for me since 3 or 4 days ago. The system is not visible as a playback device in Spotify anymore. Neither on my smartphone, nor laptop, and even after several re-activations of the add-on as well as restarts of the whole system. I updated a few plug-ins, but didn't change anything else before that or since then. Maybe something on Spotify's side changed?

Thanks a lot for all the great work you put into this add-on! :)

Please describe your setup: version of LibreELEC and Librespot. The output of 'journalctl -u service.librespot' could also be useful.

• Please describe your setup: version of LibreELEC and Librespot. The output of 'journalctl -u service.librespot' could also be useful.

Code
    Kodi (18.2-RC1 Git:c67eb3a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

It's the Milhouse build that is identical with LibreELEC 18.2

The error keeps repeating until systemd stops restarting it.

• There is something wrong with librespot on ROCK64: it core dumps.

Not sure what it could be.

I will come back to you when I have the time.

Hi awioy, another ROCK64 user here (Rockchip rk3328) - I tried running the addon and I think I am still facing the issue that tattermunge was facing last year.

I would greatly appreciate it if you had the time to take a look at what is happening there!

For reference, my output from 'journalctl -u service.librespot':

• Hi,

I encounter sudden issues with the librespot addon. I am running x64 build 9.2 (latest official), which comes with addon version 117.

After having worked for several months, suddenly the service will not start anymore

actually the same happens when I try to run the binary from the console:

any thought what could be the reason for that ?

Best regards

sappi

Edited once, last by Sappi (November 27, 2019 at 7:52 PM).

• Interesting problem here.

tl;dr: audio playback is slowed down (maybe 90% of original speed) when playing through the 3.5mm port.

I have librespot add-on running on libreelec on my RPi2. Audio output is through the 3.5mm port to my receiver. Normally there is no tv connected asthis is only used to send spotify to my old receiver.

It used to work fine, but now songs are played slowed down. Maybe 80-90% of normal speed. This behaviour started about 2 months ago.

I just tried connecting the pi2 to my TV through the hdmi port and lo and behold, the playback is fine through hdmi.

Went back to 3.5mm, and it's still too slow.

Any idea what might be going on?

thanks

Edited once, last by morglum (December 1, 2019 at 3:12 PM).

• hello! is it possible for you to support podcasts? It was just recently implemented in volumio, dont know if you use the same stuff but here is git pr. [Volspotconnect2] Update `vollibrespot` to `0.1.8` by ashthespy · Pull Request #247 · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub

I have submitted a pull request to update librespot to 0.1.0 with podcast support.

It should be available soon.

• Please provide version of LibreELEC and version Librespot.

• How stable is your network connection?

Is it wired or wireless?

If it is wireless, then try to switch to wired.

• Code
    Kodi (18.2-RC1 Git:c67eb3a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

It's the Milhouse build that is identical with LibreELEC 18.2

The error keeps repeating until systemd stops restarting it.

Milhouse releases are beta.

Try to run Librespot run on a stable reelase.