How to build LE with docker?

• I tried to build docker with both "build " and "create_addon" scripts, but got error:

Is docker broken or I did something wrong?

• First of all don't build as root user. Remove complete build folder and start again.
    And you build addon with ./scripts/create_addon docker.

• As long as you know what you're doing, there's no problem building as root. From the error above, it looks like docker wasn't unpacked to the expected directory of "docker-1.13.1", you could verify that by doing a "tar ztvf docker-1.13.1.tar.gz". Addons should be built with scripts/create_addon, correct, but that will build the addon first anyways.

• As long as you know what you're doing, there's no problem building as root.

Maybe. But there were multiple cases in the past where this didn't work as plan :s Better build as user and avoid one possible problem.

The main problem here is that sources are now in folder moby-1.13.1 (content has been changed even if filename is the same - happen in the past for other packages). That's why docker package.mk needs new line

Code
    PKG_SOURCE_DIR="moby-$PKG_VERSION"

Time to add SHA256 checksums in our build system. Who will start on that (I have free time)?

Edited once, last by vpeter (May 4, 2017 at 12:18 PM).

First of all don't build as root user.

I build it inside docker container.

The main problem here is that sources are now in folder moby-1.13.1 (content has been changed even if filename is the same - happen in the past for other packages). That's why docker package.mk needs new line

After I added this line, it seems to build properly (I didn't see completely because I removed all builds trying to fix problem myself and it will take a long time to build again). Please, can you fix this bug?

• Maybe. But there were multiple cases in the past where this didn't work as plan :s Better build as user and avoid one possible problem.

Not maybe, I build as root every day ;)

But sure, a borked package could write to /usr for example messing up your system. No problem for me as I do it in a container. Most people should definitely build as a user.

• There's another problem when I tried to build docker.

I installed golang and golang-go packages on the host system, but it didn't help. How to fix this problem?
    P.S. I'm not under root, I'm in docker container with Ubuntu 16.04, installed on my server.