Unable to install Libreelec to PC

• Hi.

I have installed the latest version of Libreelec to an old PC I have with has an AMD64 bit processor. Wehn the install is finished and I try to reboot, I get a message "Failed to start xorg Server" and then the computer restarts and has the same issue. I did not have this issue on a laptop i installed the same version on. Any ideas? :huh:

• That's a computer from 2004, in other words, it's prehistoric in HTPC terms. It basically has none of today's video requirements to run Kodi.

Try a Raspberry Pi 3 as a simple HTPC replacement.

I was able to run Kodi 17 on it, but I had to install Linuxmint first, then install Kodi. It worked, but it was a bit slow. I was hoping to use Libreelec instead as it does not have all the additional bells and whistles that Linuxmint has. I guess I can try another Linux Distro that is lighter than Linuxmint instead. Worse case senario I could probably update the Motherboard to something faster and keep the rest of the computer.

• I thought I would post an update on this project. Being thick-headed I decided to try some different Linux Distros and try to get this little computer running Kodi. I tried Lubuntu but I could not get it to install although it would boot off the cd. Next tried Linux Lite which actually installed and worked decently, but KOdi did not like it and I could not get it to work properly. I tried Puppylinux but it was too much a headache trying to get Kodi to install. In the end I back to Linuxmint, but this time I used the Xfce version rather than Cinnamon. Then I found instructions on how to speed up Linuxmint by removing certain features and shutting off functions which run in the background but not essential. I reinstalled Kodi version 17 in Linuxmint and now it runs smoother than my last attempt. I would compare this to about the equivalence of a Fire TV stick. Right now I only have 1GB on memory in this relic, but I was able to open and view various movies and TV shows with little lag. Currently the computer is on wireless, but I am going to connect it directly to Ethernet and see how well it runs. I also ordered some memory to bring this up to 2Gb (the max) which I think will make this run smoother. A fun little project to tinker with!

• If you want to keep it anyway try to get a NV gforce 610 or 730 gt than it should play anything to HD fine with good quality and Libreelec. But it definatly takes alot power compared to an Intel/Asrock n3700 or q1900 mainboard.
    (For both Mainboards you should use two Dimms (Dual channel))

Regards
    Nicolas