Local media

• Hi
    I have just installed LibreElec 8 and for some reason my locally stored(Ubuntu Server) media has started to stop half way through a film.
    tried adjusting advancedsettings.xml buffermode 1 'buffer all files' with a 800mb buffer and still has no effect.
    Any suggestions???

• 1) What have you installed LE on?
    2) Ubuntu server accessing media via upnp, smb, nfs, or other?
    3) Via ethernet or Wifi
    4) Are you using the Kodi 17 advancedsettings.xml - they are different than Kodi 16.
    5) Where are the details of the logs when the error occurs?
    cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log|paste and supply the url

• 1 LE installed on HTPC (HAs worked with openelec & libreelec before update)
    2 Accessing Ubuntu Server Shares via SMB
    3 Ethernet
    4 Using the change Kodi 17 advancedsettings.xml structure buffermode under cache
    sorry no logs at the moment(away from machine)

• Issues only occur through htpc/libreelec/kodi as every other machine on network is fine

Have been reading up on issue and from what i read there is an issue with samba shares on libreelec.

• from what i read there is an issue with samba shares on libreelec

Lies, damn lies I say. :)

And where is "there" supposed to be? Either be very specific and give us some URL sources on this, or give us your full kodi.log file, or ... I don't know, move on?

BTW, I use NFS via Ubuntu (Server) for some six years now using XBMC/Kodi. It simply works at full speeds.
    Although, SMB should work fine as well of course.

• :)
    I do apologize read so many forums and fix guides that cant remember what site i read it on.

I have been using Kodi in one form or another since it was called xbmc, used on windows/ubuntu Android Box/Raspberypi/HTPC
    Last 6 years have been using OpenElec on HTPC but Changed over to
    LibreElec as seems to have more regular updates, better support.

* seemed to have fixed my issue *

Changed shares to NFS

Change readbuffer to 4.0 in advancedsettings.xml

Just seemed strange that this issue only occurred after updating to 8.0/17.1

Thanks

**PS during playback debug shows '' Player: a/v 0.000, forward:187.5 MB 100% ''
    'forward' is the amount in cache this will sometimes drop to ''forward: 153.1MB 100%'' then return to normal.