Mirroring one device to another

• I think I know the answer to this but am seeking confirmation.

I have a S905x device with 8.0.1e image on it and then I have spent a lot of time configuring the skin, adding add-ons etc etc.

I also have a S905 device with the same 8.0.1e image on it.

What is the best way to take the image/setup from the first device and replicate that on the second?

• For the mirroring the setup:

- backup the .kodi folder from device "a"
    - replace the .kodi folder from device "b" with the one from device "a"

there is also a "backup and restore" option at the libreelec settings .

• Cheers DaVu.

I was thinking of the backup/restore route. Just concerned that there is a slight difference in the device trees I use when updating the version of Libreelec i.e. memory size. Would this affect things using backup/restore or your method to copy .kodi

• Probably I get you wrong. But the backup/restore route assumes you have LibreELEC already installed on both devices. Then backup from the first, and restore on the other. That shouldn´t affect anything and should "just work"

• No, you get me fine. I have the same version of LibreElec on both devices

I just wondered where the device tree came in when you upgrade the versions. Wasn't sure if it modified the kernel somewhere

• No, you get me fine. I have the same version of LibreElec on both devices

I just wondered where the device tree came in when you upgrade the versions. Wasn't sure if it modified the kernel somewhere

Afaik, backup / restore only deals with user data. It doesn't touch the system files, device tree or the kernel

• I would just do a backup of the SD card with either WinDisk32Imager or Rufus and then copy that image to the new SD card and then replace the old device tree file on the new SD card with the correct one for the new device.

Andrew

• Thanks for all your suggestions. It sort of worked and I got there in the end.

backup up my first box and coped the file to the second box and run a restore. Worked fine except the remote didn't work so I decided to take the latest image and device tree and run an update. That managed to brick my device - flashing red light. I think that was just unfortunate rather than a direct result.

Anyway made a USB boot with Rufus, booted up off it and ran a installtointernal to get the o/s back up and running. Then tried the restore again and it worked fine as did an upgrade. Just no remote and have tried several remote.conf files. Not a big issue as I use a mini keyboard on the original device and that works fine so I will just get another one.

Edited once, last by archercj (April 18, 2017 at 12:27 PM).