LibreELEC builds with nVidia 304.xx driver

• I'm trying to build it using the instructions, but stuck with the following error while running the make image. Also installed all the packages mentioned in the wiki link.

l/binutils-2.32/.x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/zlib -lz ../libiberty/libiberty.a

/home/krish/libreelec/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2-devel/toolchain/lib/gcc/x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/8.3.0/../../../../x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/bin/ld.gold: error: cannot find -lz

../bfd/.libs/libbfd.a(compress.o):compress.c:function decompress_contents: error: undefined reference to 'inflateInit_'

../bfd/.libs/libbfd.a(compress.o):compress.c:function decompress_contents: error: undefined reference to 'inflate'

../bfd/.libs/libbfd.a(compress.o):compress.c:function decompress_contents: error: undefined reference to 'inflateReset'

../bfd/.libs/libbfd.a(compress.o):compress.c:function decompress_contents: error: undefined reference to 'inflateEnd'

../bfd/.libs/libbfd.a(compress.o):compress.c:function bfd_compress_section_contents: error: undefined reference to 'compressBound'

../bfd/.libs/libbfd.a(compress.o):compress.c:function bfd_compress_section_contents: error: undefined reference to 'compress'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [Makefile:933: strings] Error 1

make: Leaving directory '/home/krish/libreelec/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2-devel/binutils-2.32/.x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/binutils'

Hi build instructions can be found here:

Compile [LibreELEC.wiki]

However if its already bumped in master you can download a test image here:

Index of /

Though be aware that these builds are not always ready for public release (v9.20 is the latest public stable).

• Hello there,

2023 is a bit too late for this thread ?
    I was wondering if updating kodi/os would be a good idea, I don't want to break the old system cause @sam3's build was the only that worked. I also have no idea how to perform the update since the linked forum has been deleted .
    Thank you

• The problems reported in the first post 6 years ago should be gone with latest nouveau driver and that hardware.

Just disconnect the drive with the current installation, install the latest version on a different drive and look if its working fine now. If everything is fine, you can install it on the main drive.