TPLink Archer T4U (v2 - AC1300) issue

• Hi, I have an old Gigabyte Brix and I bought a new TPLink Archer T4U to be able to connect using AC but unfortunatelly, it's not working. Now my problem is that I cannot use it in LE because it's the Version 2 of the T4U and the normal driver does not work. I was able to make it work on Ubuntu using the following driver (see below) but making some changes:

1) Driver: GitHub - gnab/rtl8812au: Realtek 802.11n WLAN Adapter Linux driver

2) Then modify this lines adding the "0x010d" in /rtl8812au/os_dep/linux/usb_intf.c

{USB_DEVICE(0x2357, 0x0101),.driver_info = RTL8812}, **
    {USB_DEVICE(0x2357, 0x010d),.driver_info = RTL8812},**

3) Compiling.

This is because the driver is not including this model, but it's based on the same chip actually (if I'm not wrong). Now my question is, is it possible to do something similar in LibreElec ?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by Mopheus ().

• Please test LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.1.tar and report whether the card works?

Hi Chewitt, worked very well. Connected to 5 ghz and download was pretty fast. I got an error when connecting to the ssid using the wlan0 (external Wi-Fi was set as 0) but connected anyway. Error was saying something about remte app that could see.

Also, my booth is not working now, could this be related to my brix Wi-Fi and btooth onboard sharing some hardware ? Just guessing...

News: After reboot bt is working ok now. Strange.

Thanks !

• When you say that BT is no longer working. Was it previously working under an older LE release, or Ubuntu, or ??

Current guess is we're missing the firmware for the BT device. This is easily explained if you came from Ubuntu or an older OE release, but would be an unexplained regression if you were using an earlier LE version.

• When you say that BT is no longer working. Was it previously working under an older LE release, or Ubuntu, or ??

Current guess is we're missing the firmware for the BT device. This is easily explained if you came from Ubuntu or an older OE release, but would be an unexplained regression if you were using an earlier LE version.

Hi Chewitt, sorry, I updated my post later saying it was working. Only failed when my WLAN was not configured but after rebooting worked fine. It's actually working all the time now without problems. So, both are working fine (WLAN0, WLAN1 and BT).

The only strange thing I noticed is that when I turn off my windows, the Archer shut downs the light. When I turn off my Brix from LibreElec (your new version), the light stays on. Is it possible that is not closing the wifi for some reason ? (I do keep USB power on for wake up reasons, but Windows shuts the wifi off completly and LE seems not too).

Any ideas ? Anyway, it's working amazingly, so THANKS a lot ! Will this be included in 8.0.2 ?

• Hi, I don't want to start new thread so I will ask if anyone know if Netgear A6210 will work on libreelec ?

• Hello everyone!

I have the same issue but in the Raspberry Pi 2 version. Doesn't recognize the Archer T4U V2 at all.

Worked on OpenELEC but just for 2.4 GHz networks, but in the LibreELEC the device doesn't turn on at all.

Should be working with this new version or this issue was corrected just for windows versions?

Thank you!

• Hi chewitt, I've updated to LE 8.0.2 and my TP-Link T4U v2 is not working anymore, but if I'm not wrong, the Pull Request you mention was approved and commited, so shoudn't it be working on the new version already ?

Probable reason could be what Nokogiri is mentioning before, is it possible that Test version you made was ok but final implementation got the wrong VendorID code ?

{USB_DEVICE(0x2357, 0x010d),.driver_info = RTL8812}, /* TP-Link - T4U v2 */ is the correct one.

{USB_DEVICE(0x050D, 0x010d),.driver_info = RTL8812}, /* TP-Link - T4U v2 */ is what we see on the Pull Request.

I added a comment on the code line in GH too, but not sure if that will help.

Thanks.

• tonybcc I tried, but the Netgear A6210 doesn't work for me yet.

chewitt Can you help me get the Netgear A6210 working too? I did a reboot and dmesg|paste, the result is at gWZP. I don't know exactly what to look for in this file, but to me it seems weird that it keeps finding and disconnecting the same "SuperSpeed USB device". At the moment of this dmesg it had device number 17, but the device number kept increasing until it reached 61:

Code
    1. [ 463.421577] usb 7-2: new SuperSpeed USB device number 61 using xhci_hcd
    2. [ 463.439957] usb 7-2: device descriptor read/all, error -71
    3. [ 463.465105] usb usb7-port2: unable to enumerate USB device
    4. [ 463.465234] xhci_hcd 0000:00:10.0: Stop endpoint command completion for disabled slot 1

Please let me know it you need more information. Thanks.

• {USB_DEVICE(0x2357, 0x010d),.driver_info = RTL8812}, /* TP-Link - T4U v2 */ is the correct one.

{USB_DEVICE(0x050D, 0x010d),.driver_info = RTL8812}, /* TP-Link - T4U v2 */ is what we see on the Pull Request.

@Morpheus I think you're right. I created a pull request at 1682. chewitt can you review the PR?

• Morpheus is from the Matrix, this is Mopheus from an old Van Dame movie :D

Thanks marcvangend, was considering doing that myself but wasn't sure how, so thanks.

• Haha, sorry Mopheus !

Contributing through github, especially small changes like this, is easier than you would think. You don't need to know anything about git or install stuff on your computer, it all happens in the browser. Just locate the file you want to edit (in this case RTL8812AU-01-add_new_cards.patch), click the edit button (pencil icon). Now edit the file (you're working in your private fork now, so don't worry about making mistakes), type a description and submit the proposed changes. In the next screen you can turn your edit into a pull request on the original project. Done!