[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KIII Pro (S912)

• I could not get the new update to work, it gets stuck on the LE splash screen. I noticed the first post shows revision B again and not revision E. Did you revert?

Yes, E has issue with starting Kodi. I have to fix it.

• hi after i tested libreELEC on KIIIpro s912

all istallation good , only problem on tuner not detecting

What is not detecting? Sorry, I am not a mindreader. You have to provide installation details and logs.
    For using internal dvb tuner recommended server is tvheadend42 with pvr.hts. On youtube you can find tutorials how to install and configure tvheadend.

• First of all, thank you afl1 for release this build. It works pretty well in the KIII Pro ;)

I want to mantein Android cause I need some apps in that OS. Therefore, i've installed LE in a micro SD without problems. The issue is to start LibreELEC from Android. The only method I found to do it is with the toothpick. Anyone have found another way to do it with an app?

BTW, I can't enable the internal bluetooth. It is not supported?

Thanks

Edited once, last by Burrunba (April 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM).

• First of all, thank you afl1 for release this build. It works pretty well in the KIII Pro ;)

I want to mantein Android cause I need some apps in that OS. Therefore, i've installed LE in a micro SD without problems. The issue is to start LibreELEC from Android. The only method I found to do it is with the toothpick. Anyone have found another way to do it with an app?

BTW, I can't enable the internal bluetooth. It is not supported?

Thanks

Toothpick method runs aml_autoscript to modify environmental variables for starting s905_autoscript if it is presented. Once you used toothpick method then always at boot is starting s905_autoscript to boot in LibreELEC. Environmental variables are cleared to default only after installing Android update.
    To reboot form Android to LibreELEC you have to submit reboot command or via RC submit power off/on.
    To use BT you have to enable it. Go in Settings->LibreELLEC->Services->Bluetooth->Enable.

• Thanks afl1

I'm trying to setup TVHeadend with the LE repository version.

The DVB-card is recognized without problem. The problem is to detect the muxes and services. This is my configuration for the Astra 19.2E

The only detected mux is this

with this configuration.

I know that is more a question about TVheadend that about this release, and sorry for this, but I'll appreciate any help. I really need the DVB-S works. Otherwise, I'll must play only with Android. :s

• You have a wrong 4 port switch config. At first rename your "DVB-S Network" to "Astra 19.2E" and assign it to single switch position corresponding to switch input for Astra LNB (e.g. AB) and clear all other positions. Then go to "Network" tab select "Astra 19.2E" and push Force scan. For more details watch carefully Youtube tutorials.

• You have a wrong 4 port switch config. At first rename your "DVB-S Network" to "Astra 19.2E" and assign it to single switch position corresponding to switch input for Astra LNB (e.g. AB) and clear all other positions. Then go to "Network" tab select "Astra 19.2E" and push Force scan. For more details watch carefully Youtube tutorials.

Thank you again afl1,

I configured another setup with DVB-T in a s905 TV Box without problems.

I've being watching the Youtube tutorials but the TV Headends versions are older, so the settings are differents.

I've tried your configuration. If I've understood well this is what you recommend

Unfortunately it does not work either

In the status tab I see that SNR and Signal Strength is Unknown

Is this normal?

Anyone has working a DVB-S setting with this release?

Edited once, last by Burrunba (April 25, 2017 at 8:38 AM).

• Tvheadend version and config are same for all my builds KI Plus(S905), KII Pro(S905) and KIII Pro(S912).
    Are You able configure DVB-S in Android?
    Do You understand what is DiseqC switch?
    Is you Astra LNB really connected to AB input (on DiseqC is it 2. input)?
    Have you ever tried DVB-T?

Edited once, last by afl1 (April 25, 2017 at 9:25 AM).

• Tvheadend version and config are same for all my builds KI Plus(S905), KII Pro(S905) and KIII Pro(S912).
    Are You able configure DVB-S in Android?
    Do You understand what is DiseqC switch?
    Is you Astra LNB really connected to AB input (on DiseqC is it 2. input)?
    Have you ever tried DVB-T?

Thank you.

1. Yes, DVB-S in Android works flawless.
    2-3. I've seen in Wikipedia what is DISEQ :s I didn't know what is. I've tried to disable then DISEQ switches with the same result.
    I have a community antenna with DVB-T and DVB-S multiplexed in the same cable. Some like this.

4. Yes, I made a setting with TVHeadend with DVB-T USB dongle in other s905 based TV Box. It was so easy.

Sorry for the newbie questions

Edit: I made a setting with DVB-T, not with DVB-S
    [hr]
    This is the TVHeadend log

Edited once, last by Burrunba (April 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM).

• Just want to add that I am using both the DVB-T and DVB-S interfaces on the KIII with this build and both are working perfectly.

My DVB-S interface is set to Universal LNB Only, not a switch. That shouldn't matter but I thought I should mention it.

• Just want to add that I am using both the DVB-T and DVB-S interfaces on the KIII with this build and both are working perfectly.

My DVB-S interface is set to Universal LNB Only, not a switch. That shouldn't matter but I thought I should mention it.

Thank you.

Your antenna is like mine (neighborhood community) multiplexed with DVB-T and DVB-S in the same cable or individual?

I think the key is in the Unauthorized access message in the TVheadend log

Anyone knows what can I do to solve it?

Edited once, last by Burrunba (April 25, 2017 at 11:30 AM).

• Thank you.

Your antenna is like mine (meighborhood community) multiplexed with DVB-T and DVB-S in the same cable or individual?

I think the key is in the Unauthorized access message in the TVheadend log

Anyone knows what can I do to solve it?

My cables are seperate, one going to a dvb-t aerial and the other to a satellite

The unauthorized message is coming from your TVHeadend client addon in Kodi trying to access your TVHeadend server (they are two seperate programs). You need to create a user and password for the client in TVH Server and add that username and password in the TVH Client settings.

Edited once, last by brimur (April 25, 2017 at 11:33 AM).

• My cables are seperate, one going to a dvb-t aerial and the other to a satellite

The unauthorized message is coming from your TVHeadend client addon in Kodi trying to access your TVHeadend server (they are two seperate programs). You need to create a user and password for the client in TVH Server and add that username and password in the TVH Client settings.

Thank you very much.

Do you know what kind of user I need to create? Is enough with the user that is created with the initial wizard with these rights?

BTW, I've followed this Youtube tutorial (using LE repositories) to setup the TVHeadend and there is not reference to configure user/password. Is there this configuration in any file?

Edited once, last by Burrunba (April 25, 2017 at 12:04 PM).