Milhouse Generic builds (OE)

• Can anyone please check if they have the "enable tv " option under TV?

I'm using latest Millhouse libreElec krypton nightly and I have no option to enable tv.

Cheers

Edited once, last by lysin (April 7, 2016 at 4:27 PM).

• A little confused on naming here, hope someone can help. I switched from openelec to libreelec. Was already vaguely aware of something called Milhouse builds through a topic on the Kodi site, which I think are really up to date alpha versions for those wanting to test the latest and greatest.

Now I see a reference here to Milhouse generic builds and the path to that is on the libreelec site as well (Index of /builds/master/), so should I now consider this "pre-alpha" versions of Libreelec? That might eventually make it to "official" Libreelec builds? For those more courageous to test early changes?

Edited once, last by jaspov (April 8, 2016 at 8:27 AM).

• A little confused on naming here, hope someone can help. I switched from openelec to libreelec. Was already vaguely aware of something called Milhouse builds through a topic on the Kodi site, which I think are really up to date alpha versions for those wanting to test the latest and greatest.

Now I see a reference here to Milhouse generic builds and the path to that is on the libreelec site as well (Index of /builds/master/), so should I now consider this "pre-alpha" versions of Libreelec? That might eventually make it to "official" Libreelec builds? For those more courageous to test early changes?

Generic in download section are Jarvis (kodi 16) based without Egl driver

Generic linked here are krypton (kodi 17 alpha) based with Egl driver (LibreElec 8)

• I have been using Milhouse builds on both my Chromebox and my Pi for sometime. I only use these builds to view videos from my library and I have had zero issues. You get to use the new Kodi default skin (Estuary) and the default EGL driver which generates beautiful colors. The Kodi forums have info on the new skin and the EGL driver.

• Tried to install 1710 from browse addon (install zip) but nothing happen

Edit: i see it in browsee addon but it doesn't start

Take note that i don't have a dvb tuner

Try providing a tvheadend log, although those tvheadend builds are based on ffmpeg2 while the LE8 builds are based on ffmpeg3 so may not work. When tvheadend is building against ffmpeg3 I'll provide updated builds, until then it's not really my priority, and you may have to stick with LE7/OE7 if you must have tvheadend.

• Try providing a tvheadend log, although those tvheadend builds are based on ffmpeg2 while the LE8 builds are based on ffmpeg3 so may not work. When tvheadend is building against ffmpeg3 I'll provide updated builds, until then it's not really my priority, and you may have to stick with LE7/OE7 if you must have tvheadend.

Not a big problem, just an user a page ago asked me to test and i tried

I really don't know what tvheadend is for :D

• Not a big problem, just an user a page ago asked me to test and i tried

I really don't know what tvheadend is for

I am using the TVheadend client and service (it is for Live TV play and record) with Milhouse build #0320 with the correspondence service addon. This build works just fine. The openelec jarvis beta 1 did NOT work for me. The TVHeadend client Will NOT start.
    Obviously it is NOT the DVB c driver addon (sundtek). This I worked out with the maintainer of the addon.
    I will definitely try with a new Libreelec Jarvis build, but on the other hand I moved on with these excellent Milhouse builds. Only annoying thing is that the DVD player is temporarily disabled right now.

Edited once, last by Ipaddle (April 11, 2016 at 7:09 PM).

• Hi guys. I have just found out about LE and plan to try out Milhouse testing build on my HP Chromebox which currently is running stock OE. Can someone tell me if there are any issues with frame dropping? I tried a few Krypton builds a few weeks ago and had problems with frame dropping. Thanks!

• What are the plans for the kernel on LE? Will you go only main release channel on the kernel? It's using 4.4.x now right?

Milhouse do you want logs here or on the Kodi forum? Had network issues with latest build (1204).

• What are the plans for the kernel on LE? Will you go only main release channel on the kernel? It's using 4.4.x now right?

Not entirely sure what you mean by "go only main release channel", but the latest release kernel will typically be used by master. LE7 will remain on 4.4.x, once we branch for Beta we can see about bumping master to 4.5.

Milhouse do you want logs here or on the Kodi forum? Had network issues with latest build (1204).

Logs here please. Did the problem only start with #0412?

Edited once, last by milhouse (April 12, 2016 at 9:49 PM).