Posts by CiASpook

So it works if I change from hostname to IP in the sources settings, but that makes everything in my library disappear. But when I changed it back in the sources.xml from IP to hostname it worked again. So very strange. I will keep you updated with the future builds. This was with the #0414 build.

EDIT: I also just added the SMB NAS IP to the hosts.conf file just to make sure :)

I don't recall anything changing recently that might affect SMB, and don't have any problems accessing smb:// shares with the latest builds - can you double check your network, and try restarting your Samba server. Perhaps the hostname "HJEMMENAS" isn't being resolved correctly by new builds, IP address is generally recommended.

Strange that it workes fine with #0411. But I will recheck the setup and go for IP/check DNS.

Same issue being a network problem of some kind? Can you explain what is not working as you seem to have a functioning network in the logs (you're accessing an smb:// share).
    [hr]

Are you able to reproduce with the OE #0411, #0412 and #0413 RPi builds? The LE builds are usually produced a little earlier in the day so it would be worth re-testing OE #0411 (maybe even #0410) through #0413 to determine when the problem is introduced, then we can narrow down on what changed.

OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

Milhouse, I get "connection timeout" when trying to use mapped SMB shares.

Not entirely sure what you mean by "go only main release channel", but the latest release kernel will typically be used by master. LE7 will remain on 4.4.x, once we branch for Beta we can see about bumping master to 4.5.

Logs here please. Did the problem only start with #0412?

Ok. Latest release was what I meant :) I will post logs here then. Yes, only started with #0412. Downgraded to #0411 and all good again. GF using the box now so can't upgrade and get logs now.