LibreELEC 8 won't connect to SAMBA shares

• I installed a fresh copy of LibreELEC 8 yesterday and have an issue where it won't connect to my SAMBA shares. When I choose SMB -> WORKGROUP I receive the error 'connection timeout'. Nothing has changed with my SAMBA setup and I have no issues connecting with my Mac or another installation of LibreELEC 7.0.3.

I can connect to the LibreELEC 8 installation via SSH no problem and I can then SSH from there to my media server no problem so there is nothing wrong with my network connection either.

kodi.log

I had to post the log to PASTEBIN because if I include it in the post, it's over the character limit.

Thanks, t3rminal.

• I'm in the same situation as yourself. I'm currently on a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and LibreELEC 8.0/Kodi 17.0. I can't access my Windows 10 SMB share using my Intel NUC NUC5PPYH, but I can if I use my Android Phone using Kodi 17.1.

I did notice a fix for SMB shares on Android, so I'm not sure if the same patch will apply for LibreELEC 8.1??? Because before the patch, using Kodi 17.0, accessing SMB shares on Android was not possible for me, until after I installed 17.1.

Edited once, last by Maverick (March 23, 2017 at 10:47 PM).

• I'm in the same situation as yourself. I'm currently on a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and LibreELEC 8.0/Kodi 17.0. I can't access my Windows 10 SMB share using my Intel NUC NUC5PPYH, but I can if I use my Android Phone using Kodi 17.1.

I did notice a fix for SMB shares on Android, so I'm not sure if the same patch will apply for LibreELEC 8.1??? Because before the patch, using Kodi 17.0, accessing SMB shares on Android was not possible for me, until after I installed 17.1.

I have got it working but not like it used to. I had to manually enter the samba path using the servers IP. Using its hostname would just time out.

• I have got it working but not like it used to. I had to manually enter the samba path using the servers IP. Using its hostname would just time out.

Yap, that did the trick, I had to enter my username and password. I know some have that part off, but I like it on in my case.

Thanks

• Problem solved.

I did a clean install of LibreELEC 8.0.1 and SMB is working normally again. So, the newest official build based on Kodi 17.1 fixed it. Hopefully @t3rminal has had similar success with the newest official build, or anyone else for that matter. :)

• Problem solved.

I did a clean install of LibreELEC 8.0.1 and SMB is working normally again. So, the newest official build based on Kodi 17.1 fixed it. Hopefully @t3rminal has had similar success with the newest official build, or anyone else for that matter. :)

Im on a brand new install on a Raspberry Pi 3, cannot connect to SMB on my mac mini. Folders are shared, guest account has access. I've done everything I can think of. I notice a work around alluded to above, any specifics?

I receive broken pipe error.

Edited once, last by metalboy4 (April 6, 2017 at 4:27 AM).

• I believe the change/fix is to the smb lock directory. If you're using a clean install of 8.0.1 this probably won't affect you, however just in case please post the contents of /storage/.smb/smb.conf

• I believe the change/fix is to the smb lock directory. If you're using a clean install of 8.0.1 this probably won't affect you, however just in case please post the contents of /storage/.smb/smb.conf

Is this location hidden? I found the smb.config.sample not smb.conf
    Someone at Kodi forums is saying smb on mac is flawed. I need to install smbup.

• Official Post

MacOS uses Apple's own implementation interpretation of Samba which historically (back in MacOS 10.7 days) was quite broken and smbup was the proven solution. I'm not sure that advice is still valid for current MacOS versions; a little Google search doesn't turn up anyone singing it's praises on a current release and I can see statements that it's not tested on 10.12 etc. - I'd avoid that route for now.

• I installed SMBup, I don't know if I should sing praises or not but it is working without any issues so far.
    My install would t go through the first time on the mac but I used the uninstall option and reinstalled without any problem.
    I'm on a Mac mini with the latest updates from apple. Not sure OS number at this time but think it's 10.12.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk