Slideshow problem - Kodi 17

• I recently completed a clean install to 8.0.0 on Raspberry Pi 3 and all functions appear to work just fine EXCEPT for trying to run a slideshow with my photos in Pictures. The slideshow timing function (set at 5 secs) just does not work. It takes around 80 secs to move from one picture to the next. (The KODI 17 installed on my PC works fine using picture slideshows.)
    I would appreciate some update/advice when you have time.

• Of course, simple JPGs will load faster than 20 Megapixel photos. What sort of photo sizes are you viewing?

Are you using a cabled network connection or wifi?

Also, don't compare a RPi with a PC. The latter one has so much more grunt in CPU power.

• I recently completed a clean install to 8.0.0 on Raspberry Pi 3 and all functions appear to work just fine EXCEPT for trying to run a slideshow with my photos in Pictures. The slideshow timing function (set at 5 secs) just does not work. It takes around 80 secs to move from one picture to the next. (The KODI 17 installed on my PC works fine using picture slideshows.)
    I would appreciate some update/advice when you have time.

I'm using a cable Ethernet connection - not WiFi.
    All photos (JPEG) are displaying perfectly. The sizes are of the order of 800KB each.
    The slideshow function just not work. You can manually advance photos ("instantly") OK, but that's all.

It just appears that the Slideshow function is not working - changes to the display time make no difference whatsoever.

• I'll comment that 'pictures' is the bastard unloved child of Kodi features, but it should generally work. Kodi debug log please.

Hi, Thanks for the response. However, unfortunately I have no idea how to send you a debug log! I can turn on the debug log in Settings, watch the 3 lines of debug data on the screen while i try to run the slideshow. Then stop the debugging, but have no idea how to extract the logged data (wherever it is) and send it to you.

Instead of streaming the photos from the NAS, this time I put some on a usb drive and tried the slide show again in case there was some streaming issue involved. But same thing happens. Photo display time was about 35 secs, not the 5 seconds set. The slide display time just seems fixed and not altered at all by the display time set.

Kindest regards, Ted.

• Here is the information on how to provide the logfiles.
    HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

Hi, Smart stuff!!

I used the Kodi LogFile Addon method to get the Log file.
    I turned on the debugger, ran an attempt at the slideshow with a display setting of 5secs. It took some 35secs to change slides. I then turned off the debugger and went into the Kodi Log Uploader and was given the following URL to locate the logs:

Ubuntu Pastebin

It appears this is how you access the logs now. (It doesn't send them via email to you any longer.)

I checked the logs are there.

Kindest Regards,

Ted

23:46:45.751 T:1961755392 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.kodi.game
    23:46:45.751 T:1961755392 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.libreelec.tv
    23:46:45.751 T:1961755392 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
    23:46:45.751 T:1961755392 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.Banned
    23:46:45.752 T:1961755392 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.Banned

You won't get support here as long as you have banned addons/repositories installed, sorry.
    Read this please.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 21, 2017 at 6:28 AM).

• You won't get support here as long as you have banned addons/repositories installed, sorry.
    Read this please.

[hr]

Goodness me. Sorry I did not realize this. I'll certainly read your link and take any necessary action.
    However, I do believe there is a problem with your current software implementation of the slideshow function and suggest it be investigated as it will probably affect other users who may attempt to use the slideshow function; a function which worked well on your previous LibreElec KODI 16 release.

Kindest Regards,

Ted

Edited once, last by bel113bird (March 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM).

• I am a regular user of this software like you, not the developer and i like to help other users when possible.

Hi Vitorp07,

Well...thank you for all your responses. You have certainly taught me a number of things (extraction of logs and banned addons) even if the Slideshow issue will not be addressed. I have now a Raspberry Pi 3 with no "banned" addons. I never knew these existed. I guess in time in later software issues, the Slideshow Bug will be fixed. (I thought I was making a possible bug report. I now understand what the forum is about!)

Thanks again,

Ted