Video play in slideshow

• I have a few MP4 videos in a folder that has pictures. I can individually play the videos and they play without any issue. But, When I choose the slideshow for that folder - the pictures play OK - but the same videos break a lot - stutter and even hang the PC. I have the latest generic beta installed. Any idea?
    Thanks,

• Although this thread is already some weeks old - I seem to be faced with the same problem:

I'm mixing pictures and small videos in my holiday slide shows, which gives very nice effects.
    Both, openELEC and LibreELEC until now always run these slide shows without any issues, even with different video and image formats from different cameras - awesome!
    However since the update to LibreELEC 8/Kodi 17 videos don't show up any more. Instead, a small camera-icon is displayed and the screen stays black for the run time of the video clip. The slide show continues with the pictures.
    Started alone (from the "Pictures"-category) all videos run perfectly.

I hope you can help - maybe it is of value for other users, too.

Thank you very much in advance!
    Cordially
    Andreas

I add a link to the kodi.log: YHcT

1st test:
    View the video "01600-gopro-krater_HD.mkv" as picture (15:25:35.770)
    -> works.

2nd test:
    Slideshow started with picture "01554-G0029744_HD.jpg" (15:25:59.954)
    "01555-G0029748_HD.jpg"
    "01600-gopro-krater_HD.mkv" -> not played
    "01700-CIMG8443_HD.jpg"
    -> the images are displayed, the video not.

• Although this thread is already some weeks old - I seem to be faced with the same problem:

I'm mixing pictures and small videos in my holiday slide shows, which gives very nice effects.
    Both, openELEC and LibreELEC until now always run these slide shows without any issues, even with different video and image formats from different cameras - awesome!
    However since the update to LibreELEC 8/Kodi 17 videos don't show up any more. Instead, a small camera-icon is displayed and the screen stays black for the run time of the video clip. The slide show continues with the pictures.
    Started alone (from the "Pictures"-category) all videos run perfectly.

I have a same problem. I'm using Kodi (PC, Openelec, Libreelec) for years. Until this LibreELEC 8/Kodi 17 version (on RPi2) the slideshow was great. Now the pictures run well, but when the video file have to start I can't see anything, just the audio chanel works.
    Started alone all videos run perfectly.

• Old thread but the old bug still exists month later. I have the same issue as above and don't understand why simple and important things like this do not get fixed.

I hope that some developer will get a chance to have look at this annoying bug and get it fixed as it is so simple to reproduce.

It is nowadays such a common thing to take pictures and short videos with your phone and later watch them as a slideshow with a mix of photos and videos but such a simple thing is not possible with Kodi/Libreelec.