TVHeadend (confused)

• OK i am a little confused. I was doing some research and was thinking of getting HDHomerun to watch Live TV on my L.E. Kodi. When I installed the TVHeadend PVR Addon in the LibreElec Repo, I fouind I was unable to connect to the embedded website.

Now I started to think that the tvheadend itself is a separate install on a third server for the Backend, but I had read somewhere that LibreElec comes with the TVH backend already, So I am not sure what exactly to think.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• OK i am a little confused. I was doing some research and was thinking of getting HDHomerun to watch Live TV on my L.E. Kodi. When I installed the TVHeadend PVR Addon in the LibreElec Repo, I fouind I was unable to connect to the embedded website.

Now I started to think that the tvheadend itself is a separate install on a third server for the Backend, but I had read somewhere that LibreElec comes with the TVH backend already, So I am not sure what exactly to think.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Try this for the tvheadend server setup on your LibreELEC device.

• TVH (the server and the client) are both available at the libreelec add-on repo.

For the server just brwose to add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->services

For the client...add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->PVR clients

• Try this for the tvheadend server setup on your LibreELEC device.

TVH (the server and the client) are both available at the libreelec add-on repo.

For the server just brwose to add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->services

For the client...add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->PVR clients

Thanks to both of you.

• TVH (the server and the client) are both available at the libreelec add-on repo.

Hello,

i got the client installed, but where do i find the server?

repository->libreelec repository->services

this is what i'm not able to find.
    Ok, the machine is a PC, Socket 775 with a Pentium Dual Core E6600, a nVidia GT 9600, 6GB of Ram, and (just for testing) 160gb Hdd.
    The 'lsusb' says:

The USB - card is acording to the wiki, compatible - Supported TV Tuners - OpenELEC
    It would be nice if i could get help on this. Maybe i need some 'for Dummies'
    Btw. i'm German, close to retiring

Ciao BarFly

ps. What is the local time of the Forum?

Edited once, last by BarFly ().

• Maybe some issue in 4.9+ kernel prevent init driver for S2-36x0. See kernel log. But anyway STB0899-based devices have very bad linux support, at least for DVB-S2. Driver based on early STm code (2005/6) and nobody who have interest fix it :)

• Install from repo -> LibreELEC add-ons repo -> services -> tvheadend