TVHeadend (confused)

• OK i am a little confused. I was doing some research and was thinking of getting HDHomerun to watch Live TV on my L.E. Kodi. When I installed the TVHeadend PVR Addon in the LibreElec Repo, I fouind I was unable to connect to the embedded website.

Now I started to think that the tvheadend itself is a separate install on a third server for the Backend, but I had read somewhere that LibreElec comes with the TVH backend already, So I am not sure what exactly to think.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• OK i am a little confused. I was doing some research and was thinking of getting HDHomerun to watch Live TV on my L.E. Kodi. When I installed the TVHeadend PVR Addon in the LibreElec Repo, I fouind I was unable to connect to the embedded website.

Now I started to think that the tvheadend itself is a separate install on a third server for the Backend, but I had read somewhere that LibreElec comes with the TVH backend already, So I am not sure what exactly to think.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Try this for the tvheadend server setup on your LibreELEC device.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• TVH (the server and the client) are both available at the libreelec add-on repo.

For the server just brwose to add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->services

For the client...add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->PVR clients

• Try this for the tvheadend server setup on your LibreELEC device.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

TVH (the server and the client) are both available at the libreelec add-on repo.

For the server just brwose to add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->services

For the client...add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->PVR clients

Thanks to both of you.

• TVH (the server and the client) are both available at the libreelec add-on repo.

Hello,

i got the client installed, but where do i find the server?

repository->libreelec repository->services

this is what i'm not able to find.
    Ok, the machine is a PC, Socket 775 with a Pentium Dual Core E6600, a nVidia GT 9600, 6GB of Ram, and (just for testing) 160gb Hdd.
    The 'lsusb' says:

The USB - card is acording to the wiki, compatible - Supported TV Tuners - OpenELEC
    It would be nice if i could get help on this. Maybe i need some 'for Dummies'
    Btw. i'm German, close to retiring

Ciao BarFly

ps. What is the local time of the Forum?

Edited once, last by BarFly (March 25, 2017 at 12:14 AM).

• Maybe some issue in 4.9+ kernel prevent init driver for S2-36x0. See kernel log. But anyway STB0899-based devices have very bad linux support, at least for DVB-S2. Driver based on early STm code (2005/6) and nobody who have interest fix it :)