raspberry pi 3

• Good morning

Hi all i was hoping to get some help from any 1 im using a raspberry pi 3 with LireELEC but for some reason its running a bit slow and also when i'm viewing TV shows or Movies the Fan art takes about a minute to show is there any way to speed this up, i have tested it on a 4mb and a 10mb line speed but with any of them its running slow. Please can some 1 email me any help you can offere.

• raspberry pi 3
    • 16gb class 10
    • with Spartan Royalist build
    • Official Post

Please remove your email address, and not just because of spiders looking to spam everyone they can.

This is a forum where we all can discuss your RPi3 issues, use it as such.

with Spartan Royalist build

You might want to try your LibreELEC first with its default skin. If things are working normal there, and your Spartan Royalist build is working much slower, please contact the developer(s) of that addon.

• The RPi 3/LibreElect install originally was almost as responsive in the user interface as my NVIDIA Shield. That was about 5 months ago.

Now, regardless of addon selected, ESPECIALLY if associated with a TrakTV account, when moving from Menu to Menu within a addon it is taking 45+ seconds before the next Menu will appear. Other addons not associated with TrakTV take approx 30 seconds between menu selections. Better but certainly much slower that when originally installed.

I have tried to reduce the number of addons & shows within addons collected without any significant change in performance.

This is the same RPi/LibreElec which failed to successfully run TVHeadend/Backend. Excessive buffering and heavy pixelization.

Over the course of time the RPi has locked up numerous times and only a power down/up would return it to operation and I believe that the SD card does not like this activity. Need a reset button of some sort to do a more controlled reboot.

I have cleared the cache and removed unused packages quite frequently and setting the cache to a larger size improved buffering significantly but had zero effect on the Menu to Menu delays.

I am going to try a new SD card and if that does not work then I'll give OSMC a try as a 2nd RPi 3 is running as my media server successfully using TVHeadend/backend so something in that OS seems to be different enough.

I would prefer to stay with LibreElec as it is a nice clean straightforward install and did originally work very well [except as a Live TV/PVR server] but something has changed.

Not at home now but if a log is needed let me know what steps you may want me to put this thru to generate the log information required.

Edited once, last by MikeW (January 25, 2017 at 3:03 PM).