Posts by MikeW

Been very happy with LibreELEC for years, but after installing OpenMediaVault for my NAS, I am seeing a message attempt every 2 minutes from my LibreELEC Raspberry Pi to the NAS. I see the RPi's IP address in the diagnostic log of the NAS.

I have not done anything to the LibreELEC to make it aware of a new NAS but I guess it is browsing the network.

Thank you in advance.

Just did a manual update to Krypton on my RPi 3 running LibreElec and it is a world of difference in GUI speed +++++ but I have been unsuccessful in getting anything but very distorted sound ONLY from OTA source. Sound from any addon is fine.

Samsung TV, HD Homerun Tuner, a 2nd RPi 3 as my PVR/Media server running TVHeadend/backend [has been working minus EPG].

Audio is fed to the Samsung TV via HDMI.

Prior to this update I had no issues with sound.

I have gone back and forth numerous times with the various sound settings and Live TV but seems there is no change.

Anyone have a clue, in a setup such as mine what the proper sound settings should be?

The RPi 3/LibreElect install originally was almost as responsive in the user interface as my NVIDIA Shield. That was about 5 months ago.

Now, regardless of addon selected, ESPECIALLY if associated with a TrakTV account, when moving from Menu to Menu within a addon it is taking 45+ seconds before the next Menu will appear. Other addons not associated with TrakTV take approx 30 seconds between menu selections. Better but certainly much slower that when originally installed.

I have tried to reduce the number of addons & shows within addons collected without any significant change in performance.

This is the same RPi/LibreElec which failed to successfully run TVHeadend/Backend. Excessive buffering and heavy pixelization.

Over the course of time the RPi has locked up numerous times and only a power down/up would return it to operation and I believe that the SD card does not like this activity. Need a reset button of some sort to do a more controlled reboot.

I have cleared the cache and removed unused packages quite frequently and setting the cache to a larger size improved buffering significantly but had zero effect on the Menu to Menu delays.

I am going to try a new SD card and if that does not work then I'll give OSMC a try as a 2nd RPi 3 is running as my media server successfully using TVHeadend/backend so something in that OS seems to be different enough.

I would prefer to stay with LibreElec as it is a nice clean straightforward install and did originally work very well [except as a Live TV/PVR server] but something has changed.

Not at home now but if a log is needed let me know what steps you may want me to put this thru to generate the log information required.

Tredman, thanks for the reply but that is exactly where my system broke from the step by step. The screens you have shown do appear and I can select ATSC after that, nothing seemed to follow what steps I had seen on the web. I was never able to select the MUXs.

I may just surrender and go with a Channel Master unit to do the recording.

have you also tried 4.2 ?

Yes I did try 4.2 but was never able to assign the tuner to the network and so many screens/tabs were so different from the various instructions I found on the web I gave up and switched to 4.0. As I recall, there was no listing of MUXes in the drop down box to select the North America center frequencies.

If there is a good step by step set of instructions that actually match 4.2 I'd be happy to try it again.

Current setup:
    HDHomeRun Extend OTA tuner North America
    =========================
    KODI machines:
    NVIDIA Shield, Win 7 Laptop, Raspberry Pi3 [LibreElec]
    All running PVR WMC Clients [these all work fine]
    CANNOT run using TVHeadend HTSP clients and TVHeadend 4.0 backend
    ====================================
    PVR: [only 1 in use at a time and of course I switched the PVR clients to match each server configuration]
    Win 7 Laptop ServerWMC
    or
    Raspberry Pi 3 LibreElec running TVHeadend 4.0 [set up using Ronnie Bailey's excellent video to the letter by pausing at each step to assure I followed his exact steps]
    ===========================================================

Ok, so I failed with my first attempt using LibreElec's included TVHeadend/backend to run as everything was so pixelated and freezing as to be unusable.

So I just kept all the other LibreElec features running and used this Raspberry Pi for my bedroom TV/Kodi usage and PVR WMC Client addon.

I purchased a 2nd Raspberry Pi 3 to be used for just a TVHeadend Backend server using LibreElec but once again just the excessive pixelated live TV & recorded shows. Nothing else was added to his RPi. [I did not even add any EPG linkage [wish Ronnie would do a video on this] so obviously what ever did not work in the original KODI/TVHeadend configuration still does not work with a bare bones RP3/LibreElec/TVheadend/backend.

Now my Win 7 ServerWMC/WMC works fine with the same tuner and no pixel/freeze problems so I don't believe it is my antenna/tuner setup UNLESS somehow ServerWMC does a better job of tolerating bad signals [digital should be digital no matter what] but I don't want to keep my laptop on 24/7. :huh:

At this point I don't know where to turn.

Not any help here but I can verify I have very similar issues with the HD Kodi app where the audio will not start until I hit "enter" a couple of times but even then the audio only plays for a few seconds then off, then on.....

Using an HD Homerun Extend for just a few [7] OTA channels.

As I could never get live or recorded TV using TVHeadend on a RPi to work, I switched to ServerWMC running on my Win 7 laptop and live and recorded TV are perfect.

With ServerWMC running my laptop, NVidia Shield and the RPi all work perfectly while none worked with TVHeadend.

Located in the USA if that matters:

Try as I might, and even with help from this and other forums, I cannot get my 1.5 month old RPi3 running LibreElec to also be my TVHeadend backend using an HDHomerun Extend tuner for just a handful [7] of OTA TV stations.

Nothing but grossly distorted images even when just attempting to use the TVHeadend client on live TV. Forget about recording anything.

My Laptop [Win 7 64 bit] and my NVidia shield verify that any recordings attempted from the RPi are unusable.

The RPi3 & LibreElec work perfectly if I keep my laptop running ServerWMC for all my recordings and use the appropriate client on the RPi3 for WMC. Live TV and recordings are perfect.

Is there another backend which will play well as a client/server on a single RPi3 running LibreElec which does not require a degree in linux programming to install?

I'd gladly purchase another RPi3 and install LibreElec/TVHeadend if the problem was only attempting to use the client and server function on the same Pi but I don't see any indication that this will work with my HDHomerun tuner as I can never achieve a viewable recording from TVHeadend even if I am NOT doing anything else in KODI.

Thanks to all those who tried to help before and to those who hopefully can point me in the right direction.

NOTE: Using Live TV for shows with ServerWMC running is superior to the HD app provided by Silicon Dust as that app has all sorts of problems with intermittent audio.

Attempting to use the HDHomerun addon in KODI on a 2 month old RPi3 with the latest version of LibreElec, for the 3 local OTA channels is almost impossible as when first launched only a black screen and no audio.

Hitting Enter or selecting another channel will start the video but not audio. Hitting the Enter button once again starts the audio but every 2-3 seconds it stops for a second or so then comes back for another couple of seconds, repeat, repeat....

If I view a TV show ON THIS RPi, which was recorded off of the HD Homerun Extend, on my Win 7 PC, running ServerWMC and stored on my NAS there is no problem with audio so I am assuming the HD Homerun Extend is capable of providing good audio and the RPi is capable of properly playing.

All other KODI streaming functions seem to work well.

I have "logging" turned off to save SD card wear and I don't understand a thing it is trying to tell me, but if it is needed I can turn it back on and post it.

Sometimes, rebooting the RPi will allow the HD app to function for a minute or so but if I switch channels, it fails immediately.

I have seen/read numerous posts on the Silicon Dust site and they all point me back to KODI or LibreElec which may be a cop out as the HD app is the only one exhibiting this issue.

I had spent a day setting up a new RPi/LibreElec for a co-worker and it worked perfectly on my Wifi network with my user login/password.

Upon taking it to his house, I was unable to find how to change to his network eventhough the system did display the new network [and a few others in the area].

Everytime I tried to select that new network, even tried "c" for context menu, it would immediately try to connect without prompting me for new credentials and of course it would fail.

Out of desparation I just reset to default and of course lost my previous day's setup, addons, etc.

Now when I selected the new network it asked for the code [cable modem/router which only used a code not login/password] and it tried to connect but said it failed when in actuality it succeeded. I think the Rpi was faster than the router acknowledeging hence the bogus failed message.

As I may go back and utilize a hardwire ethernet vs WiFi, I hope there is a less disruptive method to change the network settings.

I know I must have done this wrong so a new method would be appreciated to change and existing network connection.

Thanks,

Been gone this weekend but between the time I posted this and Nickr's reply, I erased the SD card and started from scratch.

I loaded both MPEG2 and VC1 codecs, and started using PVR WMC & ServerWMC and everything is now perfect.

Even the HDHomerun addon in KODI works better than my KODI install on my NVIDIA Shield [maybe the Android layer causing problems?????]

I may get another SD card, load that one up just like the current SD card and start playing with TVHeadend again which, IMO, started this whole problem and it never went away even when I disable TvHeadend and went back to ServerWMC.

Initially Live TV was working albeit with a nagging HDHomerun issue that Silicon Dust immediately addressed.

This way if I run into the problem again I have a good solid starting point to refer to.

Thanks

Current condition:
    Raspberry Pi 3, LibreElec, HDHomeRun Extend [just USA OTA channels], WiFi

Over the Air HDHomeRun Live or Recorded TV [via ServerWMC] works very well on 3 other KODI devices but not the RPi running LE KODI. [The HDHomeRun has even been replaced but for another reason]

Anything, other than HDHomeRun Live or Recorded TV works very well on the RPi LibreElec [in some cases better than my NVIDIA Shield], even streams which claim to be 4K look good on the RPi LE KODI.

I have tried to use TVHeadend [on the same RPi] and ServerWMC [on my Win 7 laptop] as my backend but both fail to produce a viewable LiveTV or recorded image on the RPi.

Live TV acts like there is no functioning CODEC but I did download MPEG-2 license key, installed, and VERIFIED that the CODEC was running. [CPU usage did drop on one core from 100 to approx 20 so it appears this is functioning. However, the distored image remains the same.

I cannot view ANY Live TV via KODI or even the HDHomeRun addon in KODI as all I get is, first a good pic but within a couple of seconds the bottom 3/4 of the screen looks like someone took a paint brush and smeared the entire image.

I can view .ts files without any problem. I CANNOT view WTV. nor can I view whatever format the HDHomeRun outputs in real time.

I want to use TVHeadend for my backend but right now only ServerWMC works for the RPi, my NVIDIA Shield, 2 laptops all running KODI V16

I have tried to fix this for over a month but obviously the problem is over my head.

NOTE: When I tried to use the RPi TVHeadend for my backend, all my Front End devices had this same problem on the HDHomeRun Recorded TV files.