RPi3-HDHomerun Audio drop out

• Attempting to use the HDHomerun addon in KODI on a 2 month old RPi3 with the latest version of LibreElec, for the 3 local OTA channels is almost impossible as when first launched only a black screen and no audio.

Hitting Enter or selecting another channel will start the video but not audio. Hitting the Enter button once again starts the audio but every 2-3 seconds it stops for a second or so then comes back for another couple of seconds, repeat, repeat....

If I view a TV show ON THIS RPi, which was recorded off of the HD Homerun Extend, on my Win 7 PC, running ServerWMC and stored on my NAS there is no problem with audio so I am assuming the HD Homerun Extend is capable of providing good audio and the RPi is capable of properly playing.

All other KODI streaming functions seem to work well.

I have "logging" turned off to save SD card wear and I don't understand a thing it is trying to tell me, but if it is needed I can turn it back on and post it.

Sometimes, rebooting the RPi will allow the HD app to function for a minute or so but if I switch channels, it fails immediately.

I have seen/read numerous posts on the Silicon Dust site and they all point me back to KODI or LibreElec which may be a cop out as the HD app is the only one exhibiting this issue.