HELP Raspberry pi official wifi dongle

• Hi!

I have just bought the official raspberry pi wifi dongle (WLU6331) assuming it would work with libreelec out of the box. Boy where I wrong! Seems like it is not supported. Is there any way to get it working? Or should I just throw it out? Cant find anything on google. :(

• Official Post

Connect the Rpi via cable, plug in the USB Wifi dongle, log in via SSH, and share the URL results of the following commands:

Code
    lsusb | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit
    ifconfig -a | pastebinit
    • Official Post

Maybe Linux is blocking any wifi dongles when a network cable is plugged in, because the logs are not seeing the wifi dongle at the moment. Causing a bit of a chicken & egg situation.

Code
    [  301.781754] usb 1-1.4: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
    [  301.874749] usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=0a5c, idProduct=bd1e
    [  301.874764] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    [  301.874772] usb 1-1.4: Product: Remote Download Wireless Adapter
    [  301.874780] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: Broadcom
    [  301.874787] usb 1-1.4: SerialNumber: 000000000001

Apparently something is there.

• Ok thats wierd. I have tried two other wifi dongles and they are working exept one is defect (0,3 Mbit) and the other I need for my PC.

I have the raspberry pi 3 and the built in wifi works perfect but it doesnt work together with my bluetooth keyboard. [emoji31] Interference.

So thats why I need a dongle. Maybe I should get another one?
    Which should I get?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• I have solved this issue. I had the onboard wifi drivers blacklisted (same drivers as for the dongle). It now works as a charm!

Is there any way I can disable the onboard wifi only?