Updated to LibreELEC 8.0 Black Screen + Cursor

• Hello everyone,

I am new here I just updated my OpenElec with Kodi 16 Jarvis to LibreELEC 8.0 or latest version everything seemed to install perfectly until it rebooted and I got the LibreELEC logo then goes to a Black Screen and Cursor. I have the logfile if anyone can help that'd be awesome! I've seen the community here be really helpful and great.

Using Asus Chromebox that was modded to run OpenElec

• Celeron 2955U (1.4GHz)
    • 2GB DDR3 16GB SSD HDD Capacity
    • Intel HD Graphics

*Updated for more info
    [hr]
    NVM Got it running removed ADDON27.db and now working perfectly!

• I am a total noob to this and I am facing the exact same predicament. I also have the same hardware as you. I went from openelec to libreelec using the drop update file method and now have the black screen with pointer issue.

Please advise. Preferably with step by step instructions.

• The Chromebox probably needs updated firmware to work with newer video drivers etc. in the 8.0 release.

MrChromebox.tech

Is there anyway you can try to explain how to fix this in a way a idiot like me can understand?

I have exactly the same problem, I am running a stand alone OS, I lost my chrome back up.

Thanks joefizz.......at wits end.

• Hello everyone,

I am new here I just updated my OpenElec with Kodi 16 Jarvis to LibreELEC 8.0 or latest version everything seemed to install perfectly until it rebooted and I got the LibreELEC logo then goes to a Black Screen and Cursor. I have the logfile if anyone can help that'd be awesome! I've seen the community here be really helpful and great.

Using Asus Chromebox that was modded to run OpenElec

• Celeron 2955U (1.4GHz)
    • 2GB DDR3 16GB SSD HDD Capacity
    • Intel HD Graphics

*Updated for more info
    [hr]
    NVM Got it running removed ADDON27.db and now working perfectly!

How do you remove add on 27?

• How do you remove add on 27?

LOL finally my third thread to read up on this problem, and wondering the same.

I'm going to read chewitt suggestion, especially since MrChromeBox is the author :exclamation:
    [hr]
    OK way too confusing to follow or find MrChromeBox suggestion or method, so I did what infamousadam did removed ADDON27.db and it is updated to Kodi 17.1 Thanks to infamousadam and like infamousadam I will not share how to do this, LOL.

If anyone else stumbles upon this thread and needs to upgrade/update, The same way you would drop the update file in the update folder, get there and instead of going to the update folder go into the Userdata folder in there you will find a Database folder, enter and remove ADDON27.db from this folder. (delete it) now go back out to the Updatete folder and drop the update file you need.

Hope this helps.

Edited once, last by jbond7 (April 13, 2017 at 4:50 PM).

• If you had an upgrade issue solved by deleting Addons27.db I am interested in obtaining a copy of the previous AddonsXX.db from your box. For users updating from Jarvis this will be Addons20.db. Kodi devs would like to see examples to try and figure out why this issue is (still) seen.

OK I looked in my trash, since I used my laptop to open the ChromeBox, nothing there, and I re enter the ChromeBox and AddON27.db is new with today's date.
    [hr]

OK I looked in my trash, since I used my laptop to open the ChromeBox, nothing there, and I re enter the ChromeBox and AddON27.db is new with today's date.

I'll update my other ChromeBox and if same results will save ADDON27.db and not delete it.

Edited once, last by jbond7 (April 14, 2017 at 2:48 PM).

• Man so disappointed I didn't save the file from my first box, the 2nd box was able to upgrade with no problems, I did save the addons27.db prior to doing so, and a new db was created today when I did upgrade, saves them both just in case you wanted to still see them.

• Hello chewitt same thing happened to my Odroid C2, I didn't delete that file yet, actually saved it if you still want to look at it or any other file from this system.