Black Screen After Migration From OpenElec to LibreElec

• Hi I've a similar problem to the gentleman here :

thread-579.html?highlight=mouse cursor

I've updated from OpenElec 6.0.2 to LibreElec 8.0.1 and while the update seemed successful and the displays the LibreElec splashscreen, the box then hangs where I would expect the Kodi splashscreen, only displaying a mouse cursor on a black screen.

I have an old Acer Revo R3700 running ION processor and Nvidia gfx.

Logs
    LibreElec_Kodi_Crashlog_MOGODON_20170404 - Pastebin.com
    NEJj

Crash log also attached

Any ideas? I'm presuming that Kodi is not starting but I'm unsure why.

Will the same solution work and if so do I ssh in and run the command from any particular folder?

Cheers
    Mog
    [hr]
    So I tried
    touch /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules
    +
    touch /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-nvidia.rules

Seems to OK all the checks inc starting Kodi but is now stuck in a loop "Failed to start xorg. Is your GPU supported?..."
    [hr]

touch /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules

Ok removed that as a bad idea!! Anyone got any suggestions?

• Official Post

You have a nvidia GPU, why would you want to disable nvidia graphics? Don't just run random commands without knowing what they do.

I think the error in your log is obvious. There is a database error. You should backup you addon database and then remove it and reboot.

• You have a nvidia GPU, why would you want to disable nvidia graphics? Don't just run random commands without knowing what they do.

I think the error in your log is obvious. There is a database error. You should backup you addon database and then remove it and reboot.

Yes I did realise roughly 10 seconds after running it that I really shouldn't have. Got a bad habit of that. Thanks I'll do as you've advised.
    [hr]
    Worked a treat, thanks again.

Edited once, last by mogodon (April 4, 2017 at 4:58 PM).