Downgrade problem

• guys, bit of an issue here.

I updated to krypton v.8 and had a skin suitable and working. For other reasons, I had to downgrade back to v.7. When kodi rebooted, it had remnants of the previous skin with most of the menus on the main menu just saying EMPTY except one which was PROGRAMS which i could get into but could not make changes or anything. I then used ssh to rename the guisettings.xml which rebooted to the default skin. First, I have no sound and at first glance everything seemed ok visually but going into settings, only 3 of the selections are available (addons, services, system).The rest are simply missing in terms of wording and do nothing when pressed. There are definitely issues that I have. Any ideas much appreciated.

• Official Post

Firstly I would uninstall all skins except confluence. Also check that no files for that skin exist in /storage/.kod/addon_data/skin*

I've seen the lack of text before but that was a memory issue.

If that doesn't help, post
    dmesg|paste
    cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log|paste

But, in seriousness you may need to bite the bullet and reinstall.

• Official Post

Just grab your backup of LibreELEC v7, and all will be fine in minutes! ;)

In other words, backwards compatibility to older versions was never a big item on Kodi's agenda.
    Certain settings can have been used by v8's Estuary, and now have become an issue.

On the other hand, installing a fresh copy and doing a spring cleaning is not that bad.
    Doing a new setup probably takes less time than trying to find out where the problems really are.