Upgrade 8.0.1 - wired network unstable OCDROID C2

• Hi guys,

After the last update to 8.0.1 the wired Ethernet gets very unstable, I could playback anything for more than 2 minutes before the Ethernet just drop the connection and some cases if the link delay too long to establish it will crash the system.

I noticed while ping it is consecutively losing packets, but in some cases it seems to be more stable till I playback and then the connection drop again.

I m using OCDROID C2 with wired connection (I dont have wifi).

Any help here I will appreciate since I lose my sdcard adapter, so I cant downgrade... =(

Thanks,
    Anderson.

• Official Post

You can downgrade manually the same way as you upgrade manually, by placing the .tar/.img.gz file in the Update folder and reboot. Depending on how 'far' you downgrade, addons and skins could become problematic. But you can always do a 'hard reset' to create a fresh setup.

It could also be some hardware failure, either on your C2 or on your router/switch/cable. If it were a software (LE) problem, many more users would have complained.

• Hi Klojum, thanks for the answer, it might not have others complaining because I use NAS as storage, and there is not much ppl using on that way I guess. I will try to downgrade and will update here with the results.

Thanks
    Anderosn.

• Hi,

The downgrade worked great, it fixed the Ethernet stability, and I can not only watch full HD movies complete but also 4K movies over Ethernet using a NAS that is not too fast.
    I think there is something related to the kernel version (I have googled a lot till find this option for downgrade).

Btw... this is the first time I try 4K and it is playing smoothly, I thought my NAS was not fast enough for that (DL 320L), but seems perfect and the ODROID-C2 is really powerful for playing 4K movies.

Anderson.

• I use a Wetek Play 2 running 8.01 watching movies from my Synology NAS over ethernet and it works fine.

I have tried a couple of 4K movie extracts from the NAS on my 1080P TV and they run fine with no problem as do all my 1080P files up to 38G in size

Maybe worth trying the 8.01 again and see if it works ok this time

• Also I got a problem with the wired ethernet with my Intel NUC running Generic 8.0.1. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago, and I had to switch to wifi that works better.
    The NUC doesn't have any storage, but got some networks drives (from the old HTPC and a NAS) mounted as internal storage. When watching on wired ethernet it stops to buffer all the time.

The speed on the wired ethernet is as slow as like 1200k (I got a gigabit intranet and 250mbit internet).

I hope this is something that can be looked in to and fixed.

Thanks.

/Söder

Edited once, last by soder (May 3, 2017 at 2:46 PM).