[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Buy a board with S905X (VIM, C2). It can play UHD BD in 4k without any problem.

C2 is S905 not S905X - but I agree.

The S905/S905X is a solution that works now - the S912 may look better on paper, but in reality the limitations are currently such that the higher specs don't mean anything.

• Find the Android .zip file Firmware update for your device and unzip it. Inside you will find both recovery.img and the dtb.img

wrxtasy, really im begginer in this matter.

Can you help me to find the right source for h96+2/16gb. This box is available in 3 versions size of memory rom/ram[2/16; 3/16; 3/32gb].

Does it mean that there are 3 different ROMs for this h96pro+ box ?

I am rly bit nervous about putting improper rom on my new box. Mostly I do not have the right twrp and backup of current box so I could bricked the box ;/

• tof85 Most of the times if the memory amount is the only difference, there is only one variant of firmware that fits all. You should only care about firmware variant if your type of box comes with different WiFi chips, SoCs (S905/S905X) etc.

• C2 is S905 not S905X - but I agree.

The S905/S905X is a solution that works now - the S912 may look better on paper, but in reality the limitations are currently such that the higher specs don't mean anything.

Hey guys, I heard a lot about s905 and s905x. What about s905d (KI PRO)? Is S905d so compatible like s905 and s905x for libreelec? What about Mali drivers? I'm thinking to buy one s905d because I read that s905d is so much better than s905x... but I don't want to get one that is like a s912 that it is a monster on performance but it hasn't (for while) drivers/softwares support... so.. which should I buy? (I like that it has a DVB-C and DVB-S... but maybe I can buy a DVB-C/DVB-S PCI express to make a TvHeadEnd server on my linux PC and streaming it on others cheap boxes... i need to think about.. my lan is 1gbps but I don't believe so much on share/stream on my lan.. I bet that it will get some freezing while watching live tv.. )

• Hey guys, I heard a lot about s905 and s905x. What about s905d (KI PRO)? Is S905d so compatible like s905 and s905x for libreelec? What about Mali drivers? I'm thinking to buy one s905d because I read that s905d is so much better than s905x... but I don't want to get one that is like a s912 that it is a monster on performance but it hasn't (for while) drivers/softwares support... so.. which should I buy? (I like that it has a DVB-C and DVB-S... but maybe I can buy a DVB-C/DVB-S PCI express to make a TvHeadEnd server on my linux PC and streaming it on others cheap boxes... i need to think about.. my lan is 1gbps but I don't believe so much on share/stream on my lan.. I bet that it will get some freezing while watching live tv.. )

Please keep S905 discussion in its dedicated thread.

• Anyone see this issue? I cannot use the number keys to change channels in live TV via NextPVR addon.

This issue is on my Beelink GT 1, which is S912.

My back end is NextPVR on Windows 10. Tuners are HDHomeRun and a Hauppauge. Back end also runs MySQL for library sync.

Two other Kodi boxes in my house, Raspberry Pi on LibreElec, Cubox i4 on LibreElec, do not have this issue. On the Beelink GT1, channel UP and Channel Down work ok. Also, I can press escape while watching. This brings me back to the channel list or the tv guide. Live TV is showing thru the menu. Then i navigate to another channel, and this works ok. If i turn off 'Enable TimeShift with Live TV' within NextPVR addon, then number keys work ok to change channels. When watching a Recording, the number keys work correctly to move to a specific time in the tv show.

When it fails, Kodi attempts to change channels, then i get "NextPVR PVR Client, tuner no longer available". On the back end, the old stream is correctly terminated. The new stream is started and caching up. But the NextPVR client hasn't picked up the stream and the running stream is orphaned.

Finally, this problem still occurs when I boot from internal back into Android. No LibreElec at all. Given this last observation, feel free to say that this issue doesn't belong in this thread. Maybe the Beelink just sucks. If so, though, I'd be curious if any other Beelink owners have the same issue.

• tof85 Most of the times if the memory amount is the only difference, there is only one variant of firmware that fits all. You should only care about firmware variant if your type of box comes with different WiFi chips, SoCs (S905/S905X) etc.

Krzaku,

Can you help find the correct firmware for my tv box h96pro+ 2/16gb from this link? I think this R-BOX have the same parts inside like my H96.

R-BOX Pro Amlogic S912 TV Box Firmware 20161128 -

This box have such a kind specification:

CPU: Amlogic S912 Octa core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2GHz (DVFS)

GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz (DVFS)

RAM: 2GB DDR3

Memory size: 16GB EMMC Flash

Storage Extension: Support MicroSD(TF) ,Up to 32GB

WIFI: 2.4GHZ / 5.0GHZ 802.11a / b / g / n / ac

Language: Chinese, Enish...Multi-Language

Ethernet: Ethernet 100M / 1000M

Bluetooth: BT4.1

Interface: 1 * HD 2.0 Out, 2 * USB Port (1*USB host + 1*USB OTG), 1 * SPDIF, 1 * AV, 1 * Micro SD card (TF card) reader, 1 * RJ45 LAN Port, 1 * 5V2A DC

Main Item Size: 10.8 * 10.8 * 2cm / 4.25 * 4.25 * 0.79in

Main Item mass: 131g

Package Size: 20.2 * 12 * 5.4cm / 7.95 * 4.72 * 2.13in

Three options of firmware: 20161128,20161022 i 20161011, Which one do you think may be good?

I need pull out from firmware correct device tree: dtb.img, but how? What kind of program can I use to extract this file?

Regards!

• Can you help find the correct firmware for my tv box h96pro+ 2/16gb from this link? I think this R-BOX have the same parts inside like my H96.

Unfortunately I cannot help with Android firmware, mainly because I have only a few boxes, how can I know all of them? The best place to ask is FreakTab where you'll find users with the same box for sure.

I need pull out from firmware correct device tree: dtb.img, but how? What kind of program can I use to extract this file?

Extract upgrade firmware with your favourite app, e.g. 7-zip.

• Hi all,

I installed the newest version of LibreElec on my Alfawise H96 Pro+ because kodi was doing very bad on android from many aspects and I've been told LibreElec is the solution to my problems. The installation process was more or less flawless (some remote control issues, but it is not my main concern right now) on one hand but on the other hand I cannot reach my shared media files via SMB on my windows PC. It was working fine on android on this box and on another box also but on LE kodi says "operation not permitted" when I try to add video sources. In theory every setting on windows regarding sharing should be fine because as I said, it was working well on android(s).

Can anybody help me out on this?

Thanks in advance,

alPi

• Is LE compatible with skin like Titan, Confluence or Estuary mod? Asking this because the 'Power menu" option "Reboot from Internal" does not seem to work with none of the said skins. Any skin other than the stock which works well with the said option?

Please help me.

TIA

• I am a newbie... How to update? I have downloaded the .gz file, but I can't see .update folder.

Nothing shows in the manual update mode under LE settings. Will the LE update itself ( I have checked Auto update setting)

Please help