[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I have H96 Pro 3G, all works fine.

Gbit lan, wifi, DTS HD MA 7.1 ok

Bluetooth not tested.

Remote works after modifying the remote.conf

I can just recommend to buy s912 for libreelec, don't know why people blame on s912, don't spread wrong rumours.

Thumbs up for the good work.

• OP: If you consider buying a device for LE, do not buy Amlogic S912!

Please read the sticky topic: Choosing a AML S905 / S905X / S905W / S905D box guide

I disagree

I have just replaced my odroid C1 with a H96 pro plus

and this build of libreelec works so much better than the C1 build

No cec issues

No Audio dropping issues

Gigabit ethernet works 100% e.g. no buffering problems like the C1 (you had to force it to 100mbit)

No Stutters on certain files

IR Remote works like a dream

I could go on but you get the idea

Yes we dont have propper video drivers but kszaq has done a very good job

The only niggles are that the remote doesnt bring it out of shutdown in libreelec

and no standby support

oh and smb browsing isnt working (yes i have smb1 support enabled) i can map devices fine but not browse android kodi browses fine

also would be good if we get a 2ghz kernel at some point

some tv boxes have got updates recently that are running at 2ghz (Ugoos AM3 1.1.4 2017.07.07)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 3 times, last by Shonk (September 28, 2017 at 5:05 PM).

• also would be good if we get a 2ghz kernel at some point

some tv boxes have got updates recently that are running at 2ghz (Ugoos AM3 1.1.4 2017.07.07)

S912 real operating frequency is up to 1.5GHz for the big cluster. Everything above is fake, except for Odroid-C2 (S905) which allows proper overclocking.

• I've bought some "karate" H96 Pro Plus 3/16.
    When I get my hands on it, and cooling mod it,

will see what's up with the dtb and remote. 8o

Here's some setup info for you

Latest android firmware can be got direct from the manufacturer here latest atm 2017/08/26 alfawise is oem branding for gearbest

so banggood etc just have the stock 4k logo as they havnt requested branding on the outside

easiest way to update use burncard maker 2.02 and write it out to an sd card and boot from it with the reset button held down

News-HCYGOOD-TV BOX

libreelec device tree im using

gxm_q200_3g.dtb

my remote.conf

Create remote.conf from scratch

I have some 3m 8815 Thermal tape on order

and will be fitting my Odroid C1 Heatsink to the H96 Pro+ as its about twice the mass as the H96 Heatsink and the C1 can just live with the H96 Heatsink

Heat wise with the current stock heatsink

50° ish in android idle (after fixing rogue processes)

70° ish doing a full fresh library scan over smb in android

50° ish idle in libreelec

65° ish doing a full fresh library scan over smb in libreelec

50° playing a 1080p web-dl in libreelec

Update android temps are inline with libreelec now i noticed a rogue background process via adb

com.droidlogic.SubTitleService using a constant 12% or so cpu time

then another 12% or so on the system log

removing the SubtitleService from /system/SubtitleService and a reboot fixed it the log isnt going mad now either

Im not sure if this is a problem with the H96 Pro+ firmware (most prob not)

Its most prob down to the junk i removed below on first setup of android)

Then reset to factory defaults straight after doing this

Edited 2 times, last by Shonk (September 28, 2017 at 8:39 PM).

• some tv boxes have got updates recently that are running at 2ghz (Ugoos AM3 1.1.4 2017.07.07)

Ugoos are full of Bullshit. That is false advertising right there, because the 1.5GHz AML CPU hard limit has been known about for about a year.

As kszaq has already said only AML S9xx device we known of that can break the 1.5GHz barrier is the ODROID C2.

• shutdown does works for me. Try with my remote.conf

im not saying i cant shut it down via remote

im saying i cant power the device back up via remote if libreelec shut it down

it powers back up fine via remote if i shut it down via android

• Ugoos are full of Bullshit. That is false advertising right there, because the 1.5GHz AML CPU hard limit has been known about for about a year.

As kszaq has already said only AML S9xx device we known of that can break the 1.5GHz barrier is the ODROID C2.

i just ran into that video yesterday i presumed they had added kernel support for 2ghz

Fix my C1 wrxtasy j/k im done with that thing:)

• im not saying i cant shut it down via remote

im saying i cant power the device back up via remote if libreelec shut it down

it powers back up fine via remote if i shut it down via android

My box can turn on and off with LE (and android of course) from remote.

• I noticed that the mmc only runs at 100mhz 8 bit ddr clock instead of 200mhz

due to a corruption bug so max interface bandwidth is 200 before overheads and such instead of 400

I seen some talk about rockchip chipsets bumping that to 150mhz as the corruption doesnt seem to show its self

to maximize performance and not get the corruption bug

is this something that could be done with the s912 as in the long term i would like to move to mmc

Code
    EMMC
    [    2.395069@1] mmc driver version: 1.07, 2015-01-21: fix a bug in tuning which caused eMMC data CRC error
    [    2.659473@3] emmc: try set sd/emmc to DDR mode
    [    2.659959@3] emmc: new HS400 MMC card at address 0001
    [    2.660587@3] emmc: clock 100000000, 8-bit-bus-width

SD Card
    [   14.529170@4] sdio: clk 200000000 SDR mode tuning start
    [   14.531451@4] sdio: new ultra high speed SDR104 SDIO card at address 0001
    [   14.531459@6] sdio: clock 200000000, 4-bit-bus-width
  • Hi guys,

I haven't been around for awhile and had posted before about the Sunvell T95Z 2GB / 16GB box that I have and the fact that I can't get the Ethernet port to work under Libreelec. So over the course of today I have tried every dtb file for the S912 one by one and none will work. I can get the wireless to work but prefer wired connection. I am at a loss here and was hoping somebody had got access to the dtb file from the above mentioned box. The Ethernet port works fine when I revert it back to android so it's not a hardware issue. Thanks guys.