UPNP/DLNA not working?

• Dear all,

I tried enabling UPNP/DNLA on my Raspberry Pi B with build 7.0.1 and did not see it listed in my network.
    I tried starting kodi when internet connection is available but this did not help either.
    The RPI is behind a router, but just perfectly accessible by name and/or ip over lan (samba).

Is this a known issue?

With kind regards

Edited once, last by vincent_1234 (June 22, 2016 at 9:38 AM).

• UPnP uses "bonjour" networking which is TCP/UDP multicasted on the source (first) subnet. If the RPi is behind a NAT gateway the multicast traffic is blocked so devices in a second subnet (behind the gateway) will not be able to see bonjour devices in the first. The router is handling normal TCP/IP traffic so Samba shares etc. can be reached.

I typically see this when people have an internet router and then use a second router to extend wireless into another part of the house. The second router creates a second subnet with NAT on the 'WAN' interface. Despite 'double NAT' it will work for internet access, but devices in the second subnet cannot see broadcast data from the first. In this scenario the easiest fix is to configure the 'router' to be a 'bridge' interface to the original network and not actually route. Most routers support this; it's just not the default option.

• UPnP uses "bonjour" networking which is TCP/UDP multicasted on the source (first) subnet. If the RPi is behind a NAT gateway the multicast traffic is blocked so devices in a second subnet (behind the gateway) will not be able to see bonjour devices in the first. The router is handling normal TCP/IP traffic so Samba shares etc. can be reached.

I typically see this when people have an internet router and then use a second router to extend wireless into another part of the house. The second router creates a second subnet with NAT on the 'WAN' interface. Despite 'double NAT' it will work for internet access, but devices in the second subnet cannot see broadcast data from the first. In this scenario the easiest fix is to configure the 'router' to be a 'bridge' interface to the original network and not actually route. Most routers support this; it's just not the default option.

Hi,

its almost one year ago but i have also this Issu.

I want to playback Music with my Mobilephone what workes with Mediatomb on an ubuntu.

But now with Kodi UPNP it doesnt work.
    Is there an solution ore must I uninstall libreelec and use again ubuntu?
    Ore is there an way to use Mediatomb with libreelec?

Thanks alot before.

Kind Regards

Ralf