Installing on Trongle X3 (S905X 64bit)

• Hello everybody,
    I would like to install LIBREELEC on my Trongle X3 (Android 6 TV box, S905X 64bit CPU, 1 GB RAM, SoC board with HDMI/Ethernet/2 USB/1 microSD/IR/WiFi connections).
    Is there a safe way to migrate from Android to LibreELEC and back, eventually?
    I only use this TV Box for Kodi.
    I haven't important things on its internal memory (8GB).
    Thank you.

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

• Hello Kostaman and thank you for your reply.
    Sorry for the delay, I was very busy last weeks.
    So, as my Trongle X3 has only 1 GB of RAM, I download the device tree gxl_p212_1g.dtb and the image LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012j.img.gz, though I have seen that a new build is available so I think I am trying with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1j.img.gz first and see what happens.
    I will be using a quite old 2GB microSD card to do the whole process, I'm just switching from Linux to Windows to launch Rufus. By the way, would Unetbootin do the job as Rufus, to make it bootable?

Edited once, last by alemaratv (May 5, 2017 at 1:16 PM).

• Alright, so I managed to boot LibreELEC 8 with Kodi 17.2 from that infamous :) microSD card, using the toothpick method (I discovered the Trongle X3 has a very little and tiny reset button under the case).
    I am attaching a pic of the system info stats. It's running extremely smooth, the biggest thing is it is something like 700 MB free memory, which is a ENORMOUS amount, compared to the 100 MB of running Kodi 17.1 on Android 6. I am using and USB mouse.
    The system seems to be *very* stable, simple and user friendly, even HD Ready 720p IPTVs seem to have no buffering issues (which is unbelievable).
    No video problems, at 1920*1080 60 fps.
    I really thank you for providing boot images like this.
    I only found two little problems, which are terribly important for me to solve, before wanting to install to internal SD and get rid of android:
    1) the remote is not working at all.
    2) I used RemoteIME, a very simple android app installed on my smartphone, that made me able to use a "fake" mouse/keyboard service from my phone. The LibreELEC box isn't showing up as a device to control, even though I allowed remote control via http, from this and other systems, UPnP and AiReplay.

Is there a way to solve these problems??

• Please try Yatse or Kore app

Tried Kore the official one, but it didn't have the "touch" feature (so baaad). Yatsee is practically perfect, though I can't find it on my second mobile, a Huawei P8 lite running Android 6. Thank you a lot Leon Blue.

Just follow this guide and you should be able to use the remote

thread-3581.html

It looks very difficult, though I will be trying it as soon as I have a full day off from work.
    How do you connect to a SoC box via SSH, though?
    I found the Q&A for this IMG, says:

Q: My remote control does not work, what can I do?
    A: Grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder: /storage/.config over SSH or \\your_box_IP\Configuration using Windows shares. You can also put that file to main folder of your SD card. You may need to remap some buttons.

I found remote.conf inside my Android Box in /system/etc, but did not find the /.config folder, neither in my Android Box, nor in LibreELEC microSD Card, and yes I checked "show hidden files". So I copied to the main folder of LibreELEC microSD Card, but the remote isn't working (except for the On/Off power button).

I also found that video playback starts something like two seconds after the real beginning of the file, found also the Q&A for this, but couldn't really locate the setting to change, as I think the FAQ might have been written for an older version of Kodi.

Can anybody help?

*** Update ***

So, messing around with remote configuration files isn't the right idea.

Months ago I just found out that Kodi fully supports CEC CEC - Official Kodi Wiki, so it's been very easy to just use the TV's remote to control the TV Box and LibreELEC.

The only problem is that I cannot switch the TV Box ON with the TV remote, I have to use the TV-Box' remote.

Edited 2 times, last by alemaratv (November 21, 2017 at 4:38 PM).