MXQ Pro no wifi

• I successfully installed libreelec on my MXQ Pro yesterday. Then had issues installing it on a second both so I ended up swapping the second box for a new one. The new one had no issues flashing but I have no wifi. It's the MXQ Pro 1g ram so I tried the 100m and the 100m Realtek files but neither work. Is there anything else I can try? I'm assuming this MXQ Pro has some other Chinese wifi chip inside

Please let me know what additional info is required and if any special instructions to obtain that info
    Thank you

• I successfully installed libreelec on my MXQ Pro yesterday. Then had issues installing it on a second both so I ended up swapping the second box for a new one. The new one had no issues flashing but I have no wifi. It's the MXQ Pro 1g ram so I tried the 100m and the 100m Realtek files but neither work. Is there anything else I can try? I'm assuming this MXQ Pro has some other Chinese wifi chip inside

Please let me know what additional info is required and if any special instructions to obtain that info
    Thank you

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

Run above command and report output

• udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

Run above command and report output

Thanks for the reply and instructions and I will do this right away. But can you please explain the best way to do this command? Since I have no wifi I cannot SSH into the box remotely. Can I do this from kodi?

• Just use ethernet. It will still be on the same network.

of course, silly me

I did the command but see below output

LibreELEC (community) Version: 8.0.0c-temp_sensor_disabled
    LibreELEC git: e5a2b4eb5166ae2eae3e071bab75d3b7f06bdce1
    LibreELEC2:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    Unknown device, --name=, --path=, or absolute path in /dev/ or /sys expected.

also just noticed none of the 4 USB ports are working with this firmware

• I've been using the MXQ Pro 4k with the S905X, and my wifi won't work either. It's definitely because of the change in the wifi chipset. I have two of these boxes, the wifi works in one of them and not in the other. So I took them both apart and the working model had a Realtek wifi chipset, while the one that doesn't work has one called Scl (S9082C 11644). I'd upload a picture if I could/knew how to. I've tried finding info about this chipset, but it seems there is no info to be found. With that said, I've only searched google a few times.

kszaq , do you think you'll be supporting this "new" chipset? Seeing that a lot of the newer S905X models contain this now. If I knew how to write the codes for this stuff I'd offer to help out, but I'm a little far away from that point at the moment haha. I just started a month ago trying to teach myself :P (debatable progress)

Edited once, last by arakor (February 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM).

• arakor I will add the driver as soon as it is available. This can be tomorrow or never, depending on chip manufacturer's will to publish it.

That's fair. Thank you for all your support and work! I'll definitely be shooting you some coffee money at some point haha. If I happen to see some news on this chipset before you I'll send the link your way. I've also attached a picture of the chipset for you to view if you'd like.

- Cheers

• I have told you in the other thread that your second device is probably a S905X. Use a device tree for it and at least USB should work.

Hi ksaq
    The second device that I had issues flashing I returned to the seller and got a new one. This new one flashed the same as my first box , easy as pie. And I agree even though they are box MXQ Pro boxes who knows what internal boards and chips where used. And the fact that both the wifi and USB doesn't work confirms your theory. I'll try to flash with the S905X device tree and report back
    Thanks again for your hard work and support and coffee money will be on the way

Just an off topic question since I don't want to keep having issues flashing these MXQ Pro boxes. Is there a few boxes that are better to be purchasing for flashing? I know the wetek are good but really expensive compared to these.

• So I used the S905X from the device tree and WiFi still doesn't work but USB works now but also now the remote doesn't work

trying to follow your "no remote FAQ"

\\your_box_IP\Configuration (there is no folder called "Configuration") Searched windows and cannot find remote.conf and SSH cannot find directory "/system"

Update: I ended up flashing and tried multiple device tree files until finally both remote and USB work, still no WiFi but I can live with that for now
    [hr]

Just use ethernet. It will still be on the same network.

using one of the device trees for s905X the command worked

LibreELEC (community) Version: 8.0.0c
    LibreELEC git: e5a2b4eb5166ae2eae3e071bab75d3b7f06bdce1
    LibreELEC1:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    P: /devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DEVPATH=/devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v02E7d9082
    E: SDIO_CLASS=07
    E: SDIO_ID=02E7:9082
    E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

• I have some crappy Chinese badged MXQ Pro 4K. I'm not sure of the processor, ram and wifi chip. Is it possible to find out all the info in Android somewhere so that I can get the correct device tree?