[S905X] Unknown WLAN chip

• wlan 0 uses the Android system name M9Cmax and MAC B4:04:...

wlan 1 uses systemname LibreELEC and MAC B6:04...

Both are working but only the first connection works.

The WLAN driver graps first the Android conf.

You are right, actually. I missed that and obscured in in my earlier post by copy and paste :blush: - this is the same here concerning the difference in the MAC addresses. Now, my Wifi-Scan only picks up the Wifi I called EgoIggo, which is tied to the B4 MAC address - and I can connect (which is more than can be said for the Wetek Play, actually ...). Also, I can browse with the connection, so that seems to be working.

Before, as I can see in my terminal still, tether was tied to the B6 MAC and I could not connect. Now the question is, whether this is random and might change after every reboot - I guess, we will have to see.

• hello

9082xs test build:

smb client work with wlan0 (MAC B4:xx)

ssh work fine too

smb server is seeing as "LIBREELEC" but can't be reachable.

EDIT: smb server work only if you set smb protocol to smb1 (min and max)

nice work alex

M9Cmax

Edited 3 times, last by murigny64 (December 14, 2017 at 5:49 PM).

• does this mean that wifi for mecool M8s pro + will now work? because im thinking of getting this box

Test build has been removed. Module is included in 8.2.1.2 build.

frequenzy Please read notes about this box in sticky thread. It looks like recent devices have faulty eMMC modules.

Hhmmm, that is just the box I ordered ... Let us wait and see in about two months time ...:/

• does this mean that wifi for mecool M8s pro + will now work? because im thinking of getting this box

Yes the WiFi on the M8S Pro + now works.

It's still a bit of a lottery if you get a good eMMC flash storage M8S Pro+ box or a bad eMMC one.

Bad ones cannot even do an official Android standard Firmware update without eMMC corruption.

Suggestion - if you only want the box for LibreELEC do not do any sort of Android Firmware flashing or update.

These days you are better off getting the slightly more expensive S912 MECOOL M8S Pro L which has seen no bad eMMC Flash problems. (yet)

Better everything on the Pro L too, vs the M8S Pro +

• Hi guys,

just a short report on Wifi with my 9082xs-Box (EgoIggo S95X with 1GB/8GB), which I updated to yesterday's 8.2.1.2 build: I use Wifi for tethering and connected my Smartphone to that SSID. Surfed a little, updated almost 30 apps from the Play Store and let the box run through the night. This morning, about 9 hours later, the connection was still standing and I was able to surf a little more. So, it looks like Wifi is fine for my use case!

Thanks again to you, kszaq and all your collaborators for the amazing work!

Edited once, last by chessplayer: Removed link to product on Amazon.de (December 16, 2017 at 12:13 PM).