[S905X] Unknown WLAN chip

• Hi, I also have a t95x and maybe it has the same chip. unfortunately I do not know much about linux, but I had to use a dokker for one task - can I run the android c emulator in the virtual environment and compiled for the android driver? it certainly sounds silly, but can it be possible to do some other wrapper from the android environment emulation? I think this should work, but I do not know whether such emulation will work on our devices - besides the resources are limited

• Unfortunately you can't. WiFi driver is a kernel module and is has to "run" natively. Even when I compiled kernel with the same config and toolchain that Android is compiled with, I always got "NULL pointer dereference" crash with pre-built 9082xs module.

• I've got box with 9083xu chipset which is also unsupported.
    Thread with supported and unsupported chispets would be really helpfull for new users so they can avoid boxes with these chipsets.

\/ down
    I'm blind nvm :P

Edited once, last by Koyo (October 29, 2017 at 8:57 AM).

• Supported internal WiFi chips: Broadcom (all), Realtek (all) and Qualcomm QCA9377. Other chips, e.g. 9082xs, SSV6051 are not supported because there is no driver source code available.

Thread with supported and unsupported chispets would be really helpfull for new users so they can avoid boxes with these chipsets.

In the OP. There are already threads with these unsupported chips.

The problem is you wont know the chip is in the box until you get it.

Very few boxes are advertised with the wifi chip model.

• You can use an USB hub if You need more USB slots

Of course, but that then adds to the $8€, does it not ... Anyway, this is moot, we would all like for everything to work, but these boxes are just full of (sometimes unpleasant) surprises. Currently, I have two boxes: one where I can't install to internal due to a faulty NAND chip (and yes, I have tried the build with the _nand suffix) and the other one has the only Wifi chip which does not work. Maybe I can mix them together ... :/

• Very quick test with a nexbox A95X-A1:

Wifi works now at least to update an extension !

There is two interfaces wlan0 & wlan1, only wlan1 works for me. But both can be connected and retrieve a different IP.

Of course my wifi dongle was removed (otherwise 3 interfaces !).
    No time to do more for now.

• A quick report from my side: I get two wireless interfaces wlan0 and wlan1 both with the exact same parameters, even MAC address (incorrect - see 4kfreak 's post a bit further down). For that reason, I assume, both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz networks appear twice in the list of available connections as you can see from the screenshot.

Also, after a while I noticed that the connections briefly vanished and came back. Have not yet tested whether the connections work - will test tethering, but must now watch football ...

Additional info: this is on a 1GB/8GB EgoIggo with existing /dev/system booted from SD card.

Edited once, last by chessplayer (December 13, 2017 at 11:08 PM).

• Of course, I understand, but I just wanted to provide as much info as possible in case alex continues his work. Therefore:

With tethering, ifconfig looks like this:

As to connecting to the tethered network, that does not work - no IP can be obtained.

Edited once, last by chessplayer: Corrected due to 4kfreaks post further down ... (December 13, 2017 at 11:06 PM).

• Test on Box Bqeel S9Cmax (S905X), starting from mmc card:

(Android 6.0.1 Box)

WLAN now works! (2.4 GHz, 71 Mbit/s)

TV Streaming works fine.

But... I also get 2 interfaces wlan0 and wlan1 with different MAC and IP on 2.4 GHz.

wlan 0 uses the Android system name M9Cmax and MAC B4:04:...

wlan 1 uses systemname LibreELEC and MAC B6:04...

Both are working but only the first connection works.

The WLAN driver graps first the Android conf.

Edited once, last by 4kfreak (December 13, 2017 at 8:31 PM).