Cubox-i4 Pro

• Could you test this image? It includes some fixes which could fix this issue. With kernel 4.4.
    [hr]

Could you test this image? It includes some fixes which could fix this issue. With kernel 4.4.

Kodi 17.1 release candidate. It came up. The Welcome to LibreELEC for networking came up but does not list available networks to select. Still testing. [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    Rebooting to see if it will find networks available so that I can enter a password. Stuck on Splash screen. Red light on Cobox flashing like it's stuck in a loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by jb89728 (March 12, 2017 at 8:31 PM).

• No. I don't have it running 24/7.

Hi.
    I have same issue, i never unplug the box but now when its been on all night i need to because it has crashed in the night, if it is because i turn of the tv or the tv goes in sleeping mode i dont know. I also have the sound problem after a restart.
    I am using now the 8,0 version and i normally install the tar file with no issues but i cant find the 8,01 tar file and i dont know how and if i can convert the gz file.

• Hi there,
    I also have a Cubox and I installed LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.0-sr-3.14.img.gz, because the main libreelec version did not boot (blackscreen only).
    I also have the freezes during movies. Also I noticed that when screensaver DIM kicks in, it shows the last video screen.
    For instance I still see the last shot of credits of a movie... is this Kodi behaviour or is this related to this release.

Which version must I try to fix the video issue?

• I don't experience these freezes. I am running 4.8 version, maybe you could try that one?
    About the last video screen with the screensaver: this can be seen with 3.14 as well as 4.8. This behaviour started some month ago, I didn't figure out what changes introduced this, but I think this is more likely a Kodi issue than a LE issue.

• I don't experience these freezes. I am running 4.8 version, maybe you could try that one?
    About the last video screen with the screensaver: this can be seen with 3.14 as well as 4.8. This behaviour started some month ago, I didn't figure out what changes introduced this, but I think this is more likely a Kodi issue than a LE issue.

ok, I will try that release tonight...

• This is something I also realized recently. Sometimes this happens, sometimes not.
    Rebooting 2 or 3 times *could* make the picture visible.

This issue seems to be a bit different to the "no signal" issue with 4.4 kernel. With 4.4 kernel on my hardware it shows the message "no signal", with 4.8 it displays the correct resolution instead. But sometimes it just shows a black screen. When I start a movie it shows up, just the menu is missing. When the movie is finished again there is only a black screen.

• Terminal output:
    U-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc4 (Mar 04 2017 - 12:14:23)
    Boot Device: SD1

U-Boot 2013.10-rc4 (Mar 04 2017 - 12:14:23)

CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.2 at 792 MHz
    Reset cause: POR
    Board: MX6-CuBox-i
    DRAM: 1 GiB
    MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0
    *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In: serial
    Out: serial
    Err: serial
    Net: FEC [PRIME]
    (Re)start USB...
    USB0: USB EHCI 1.00
    scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
    scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
    scanning usb for ethernet devices... 0 Ethernet Device(s) found
    Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
    mmc0 is current device
    ** Unable to read file /boot.scr **
    532 bytes read in 11 ms (46.9 KiB/s)
    Importing environment from mmc0 ...
    8344520 bytes read in 378 ms (21.1 MiB/s)
    Booting from mmc ...
    ** Unable to read file /imx6q-cubox-i-som-v15.dtb **
    WARN: Cannot load the DTB and boot file is type zImage
    if you have not appended a dtb to the file it may
    hang after displaying Starting kernel...

Booting /KERNEL
    Kernel image @ 0x10800000 [ 0x000000 - 0x7f53c8 ]

Starting kernel ...

I tried the LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.0.img.gz as well... has about the same output... it cannot read some files and cannot start kernel.

Edited once, last by DarkAllMan (March 21, 2017 at 8:05 PM).

• First of all, thanks vpeter (and the LE team ofc) for keeping my Cubox-i4 Pro working!

I have been testing all the different versions of LE on my Cubox-i4 Pro (Original 8.01, vpeter Xbian 4.4-8.0, vpeter Xbian 4.8-8.01, vpeter 3.14-8.01) and 3.14 version is the only one working like a charm. I do not have the blank screen problem like others seem to have, but all versions besides 3.14 have a delay in video rendering while watching movies or series. The problem is the same regardless what FPS i use (tested 24, 25, 30 50 and 60).

Using "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and/or "Sync playback to display" doesn't make a difference. I use 3.14 with "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" on and i can watch everything without a hitch.

I have no idea really why 3.14 works for me, although i read another post, that LE uses an "inbuilt" advance settings file under /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml, which has

Code
    <delay>175</delay>

in it. The 3.14 version has that file but not the delay. I do not know if the other versions have that delay, because i found out after testing them.

All in all, don't stop making the 3.14 version vpeter, it works for me :).

• Hi,

I've been using vpeter's 3.14 builds for some time and they've worked quite well. Yesterday I updated to the 8.0.1 build and found that my remote no longer works via lirc. I tried the official 8.0.1 building and the remote works fine, but there is constant system crashes and reboots. Is it possible vpeter left something lirc related out of the 3.14 build?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Phil

• Seems I forgot to check if IR still works because there were some changes in this field. Will do later today when I come from work.

Mhm, but you are saying that with official image it works? Strange, because in my build there is no change regarding this. Will see.

Edited once, last by vpeter (March 27, 2017 at 8:18 AM).

• Awesome vpeter. Thanks for all your efforts.

Yes, if I drop the official image in the update folder and reboot, the remote works. I then drop the 3.14 in and it stops working.

Thanks again.