Cubox-i4 Pro

• if you see this Loaded imx6q-cubox-i-som-v15.dtb from u-boot then you have revision 1.5. And it is very newer (only few months). But seems there are some bugs in u-boot identifying correct one. Can you type u-boot commands I posted above?

Hi vpeter
    this is what I've got:

• BT should work fine with it. What exactly is the problem?

Adding keyboard [previously working with OpenELEC], device list is initially empty.
    Pressing the discovery button on a keyboard, it appears on the list with "Connected: No" status.
    Clicking on the keyboard in the list, then:
    Trust and connect -> Bluetooth Error, Host is down
    Connect -> Bluetooth Error, Host is down
    Pair -> Bluetooth Error, Page Timeout

• Can you stop u-boot and type this commands (one line at a time) in it's prompt and post the result? Seems strange that your box needs som-v15 dtb.

Code
    gpio input 105
    gpio input 68
    gpio input 40
    gpio input 160
    gpio input 164

This is what I got

Code
    CuBox-i U-Boot > gpio input 105
    gpio: pin 105 (gpio 105) value is 0
    CuBox-i U-Boot > gpio input 68
    gpio: pin 68 (gpio 68) value is 1
    CuBox-i U-Boot > gpio input 40
    gpio: pin 40 (gpio 40) value is 1
    CuBox-i U-Boot > gpio input 160
    gpio: pin 160 (gpio 160) value is 0
    CuBox-i U-Boot > gpio input 164
    gpio: pin 164 (gpio 164) value is 0

The output for "gpio input 160" is different: gpio: pin 160 (gpio 160) value is 1

The Cubox-i that I have is from (probably) the first batch. I pre-ordered it (September 2013), and it was delivered in January 2014.

• For some days now I've updated my cubox4pro to LE 8.01. No soundprobs und no crashes anymore! :D

But there are some videofiles stuttering. The sound works fine but the video is like a slideshow.
    The cpu load is very low while playback. about 5-15%.
    Here are some infos about one file that are stuttering

My first idea was the video codec h264 but other files which uses this codec works like charm. Also with HD content. Also liveTV which also uses h264 (SD & HD) runs fine.
    I disbled the subtitles but no changes.

With OE 6.0.3 the files work fine.

I hope for ideas.

THX
    Daniel

• Thanks vpeter, your SR 8.0.1 image cured my headache after trying 6 alternate versions of openelec and libreelec on my cubox-i4pro which basically only flickered the screen on and off after U-BOOT but would not boot into any OS.

Out of interest what do you have to do differently with these sr builds of yours compared to the release imx6 build?

Thanks again :)

• thefoofighter, I don't know which image exactly did you use but official images are using Linux kernel 4.4. But I also provide with 3.14 which works better for some users.

• thefoofighter, I don't know which image exactly did you use but official images are using Linux kernel 4.4. But I also provide with 3.14 which works better for some users.

Ah I see,

I used:

LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.0.1.img
    LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1.img
    OpenELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.0.img

other than your custom build "OpenELEC-imx6.arm-6.95.3.img" was the only other "recent" os that booted.

I didn't realize that there were so many changes between kernels 3 and 4 (i mean enough to break booting). Do you know of anyone else with a cubox-i4pro 2gb that got kernel 4.4 working?

thank you

• It works for most users including me. Others has black screen (which is the main problem).

I see, Any ideas what might be causing the black screen?? You cant be expected to build 3.14 kernels for every LibreElec future release forever :P. Do you know if its a problem on the hardware end, that maybe SolidRun should address?

Are there many benefits of using 4.4 over 3.14?

Thanks again :)

• If reason would be known then issue would be resolved :P It is some thing with kernel (hw is fine).
    The reason for using 4.4 version was for docker requirements which was interesting thing for some users. Maybe it was mistake to switch but now it is what it is. And I will build images with 3.14 kernel in the future too.

• Hello vpeter,

i have the same problem as the user WhyTea with my Cubox i4Pro.
    My movies allways converted with the software HandBrake. All my old converted movies with HandBrake version 0.10.x are playing fine, without any a problem, but all the movies are converted with HandBrake 1.0.0 playing like a slideshow (audio is ok).
    mediainfo in VLC shows:
    HandBrake 0.10.x converted videos: Encoder Lavf55.12.0
    HandBrake 1.0.0 converted videos: Encoder Lavf57.7.2

On my raspberry pi 2 with Libreelec 8.01 ALL movies playing fine, without any problem!
    Have you any idea, why?