Is USB going to be slow?

• Loving lebreelec - I now get 24p switching and all the hd audio formats work perfect! Only thing is I feel it's slightly slower than my android version when running. Thumbnails of movies take a bit longer to appear, little things like that. I'm wondering if this is a result of dual booting from USB key, it's an old key, would a new key be faster? My box is only USB 2.0 - now that I have confirmed that everything is good should I just go ahead and install it over my android on the box and run from there? If I do that how do I go back to android? Is there a way to back up the full android version so I can go back(in layman terms as I'm still very new to this....) how do I do updates in libreelc as well, at the moment I can just copy new versions to the USB bey and boot but if I install this to the onboard flash drive how do I then do updates?
    Sorry for all thbut questions!

• Try to install on fast SD card
    My first installation was USB -> LE/Kodi was slow
    Now I installed on fast SD card (Read/Write 95MB/sec) -> LE/Kodi ist fast and smooth
    To improve network speed I use USB-Gigabit Network adapter

• Now I installed on fast SD card (Read/Write 95MB/sec) -> LE/Kodi ist fast and smooth

TX5Pro is really fast internal nand install.
    SD Card install is really slow.
    This box has a really bad Card Reader which causes this.
    I have another box which is just as fast via SD Card as it is internal install.
    So the bottleneck can be the card reader in your box as well.