KODI Interface slow when playing video ?

• Hi, RPi3 beta used to have a way to set internal resolution and FPS for the interface when playing video. I can't find this options on PC (x64 version at least) and when playing videos the interface gets really slow, like 15-20 fps maybe. Is it possible to fix this and get more fps on the interface when playing videos ? The PC is powerfull enough to handle that, much more than Pi so not sure why the slowdown.

By the way, LE 7 didn't have this problem. Interface was pretty fast when playing.

Thanks and great work, I love the new LE and Kodi versions.

• In (Player settings->Videos) if you have the option "Adjust display refresh rate" set to "On Start/stop" the interface will be at the same fps as the video you are watching as long as the video is playing, if you set it to "Always" when you go back to the interface it will switch back to "60hz" if that is what you have it set to in (Display->Refresh rate)

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 23, 2017 at 5:05 PM).

• Ohhh, I understand the problem, I set just last week Refresh Rate for Movies to match movie so my display is switching to 24 for the movie, that's why my menu is slow... got it. I still can't decide if my projector (LG PB60G) moves better with 1080-60hz or 1080-24hz when playing movies... so I played with that and forgot. Thanks !

• I still can't decide if my projector (LG PB60G) moves better with 1080-60hz or 1080-24hz when playing movies

Normally projectors just sit still, or hang tight from a ceiling :P

But, GUI menu browsing is of course faster at 60Hz than at 24Hz. Video play is best at the video's own speed.