S905 builds - general discussion

• Oh, sorry, mate.
    [hr]

Your mysql database is 'malformed'.
    Drop it, scan again.

For future reference - a log with banned stuff in it would be trashed on the kodi forum - and presumably here - if a mod looked at it. Clean up kodi before posting logfiles, then nobody moans.

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 19, 2016 at 1:05 PM).

• link removed

Well, there is your error:

Code
    12:53:00 T:546559750368 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99.db] The database disk image is malformed
    Query: SELECT files.playCount, files.lastPlayed FROM movie INNER JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idFile WHERE movie.c09='tt1022603' AND movie.c07=2009 AND movie.idMovie!=1220 AND files.playCount > 0
    12:53:00 T:546559750368 ERROR: SetDetailsForMovie (smb://DISKSTATION/Video/Filme/(500) Days of Summer.avi) failed

I recommend deleting the file and rescanning your database.

Edited once, last by mmpp (August 19, 2016 at 12:53 PM).

• Well, there is your error:

Code
    12:53:00 T:546559750368 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99.db] The database disk image is malformed
    Query: SELECT files.playCount, files.lastPlayed FROM movie INNER JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idFile WHERE movie.c09='tt1022603' AND movie.c07=2009 AND movie.idMovie!=1220 AND files.playCount > 0
    12:53:00 T:546559750368 ERROR: SetDetailsForMovie (smb://DISKSTATION/Video/Filme/(500) Days of Summer.avi) failed

I recommend deleting the file and rescanning your database.

No, that is just the very first file. I had this with a file before that named '71 and renamed it. The files are not wrong/damaged.

I removed the link to the paste. Can you do that from the quote, too? Thank you.
    [hr]

Your mysql database is 'malformed'.
    Drop it, scan again.

For future reference - a log with banned stuff in it would be trashed on the kodi forum - and presumably here - if a mod looked at it. Clean up kodi before posting logfiles, then nobody moans.

Sorry, I did not now, any of these addons are banned. I
    used just stuff from Kodi repo and Superrepo. I removed
    the link to the paste. Can you do that from the quote,
    too? Thank you.

How do I drop the database and rescan it? I renamed
    msql99.db to mysql99.db.backup and did a reboot, but
    then I have no "movie" or "tv show" with the add video
    button to add content/sources again.

Also, just starting "scan" with Yatse app did not start
    something.

Edited once, last by sYCO (August 19, 2016 at 12:51 PM).

• You have to start from scratch.
    Drop the database in mysql.
    Set content in kodi and scan the library.

Dropping the databases is something I've had to do a couple of times, so I can't remember the exact details - Google is my memory-aid.

• How do I drop the database and rescan it? I renamed
    msql99.db to mysql99.db.backup and did a reboot, but
    then I have no "movie" or "tv show" with the add video
    button to add content/sources again.

Also, just starting "scan" with Yatse app did not start
    something.

Delete the database files, restart Kodi and delete and re-add the sources.

• Delete the database files, restart Kodi and delete and re-add the sources.

You just delete the database files rather than use DROP DATABASE xxx; in mysql?
    Never done it that way, I just presumed it would / could cock something up within mysql.

There's definitely no need at all to delete sources. When the database is dropped the library's gone - so you just need to set content again and scan.

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 19, 2016 at 1:01 PM).

• You just delete the database files rather than use DROP DATABASE xxx; in mysql?
    Never done it that way, I just presumed it would / could cock something up within mysql.

There's definitely no need at all to delete sources. When the database is dropped the library's gone - so you just need to set content again and scan.

Kodi uses SQLite, if I remember correctly. With SQLite, deleting the corrupted files gets them re-created the next time kodi starts.

I found deleting and re-adding the sources easier to do during my experiments with Kodi, as it gave me a well-defined state to start from. But you are right, one could also just set the content and scraper again and start scanning.

• Now that this has been mentioned, I also rolled back to a previous version of MySQL Server and it seemed to work. Otherwise, nothing worked to fix my issue with Movies (which sounds like the same issue) which would never finish updating the local Kodi library to be the same setup as TV Shows. Did this on all my devices (Windows, LibreELEC, SPMC)

• Thank you for finding this! I will add the patch for the next build, backporting should be trivial.

A new build is almost ready, I only need to prepare device trees for your devices as the new kernel needs some changes and we can't use device tree from internal memory.

I can also see that Amlogic uploaded new sources to their Openlinux site, I will see if we can use the latest drivers. [emoji56]

If you ever need a tester :angel:

• Alright, I just went to \\libreelec\usedata\database and removed
    those two databases and added the files again. It is now scanning
    and I will wait for the scan to end and check afterwards.

• Kodi uses SQLite, if I remember correctly. With SQLite, deleting the corrupted files gets them re-created the next time kodi starts.

It's me, not you. For some reason (brainfade) I had mysql in mind - probably 'cos it was mentioned a few posts up. Yes, of course you're right - just delete the database.
    If it were me I'd also be deleting textures.db and the thumbnails folder before re-scanning.

• It's me, not you. For some reason (brainfade) I had mysql in mind - probably 'cos it was mentioned a few posts up. Yes, of course you're right - just delete the database.
    If it were me I'd also be deleting textures.db and the thumbnails folder before re-scanning.

Yes, I deleted textures.db, too, but could not find the thumbnails folder. I will check for that later.

• Yes, I deleted textures.db, too, but could not find the thumbnails folder. I will check for that later.

Don't delete it (thumbnails) if you've re-scanned already. It will be fine, just(maybe) a bit bigger than it needs to be.

• A new build is almost ready, I only need to prepare device trees for your devices as the new kernel needs some changes and we can't use device tree from internal memory.

I can also see that Amlogic uploaded new sources to their Openlinux site, I will see if we can use the latest drivers. [emoji56]

As you asket I posted in the dedicated trherad the dtb file of my device ripped from original android ROM upgrade. Hope is useful.