S905 builds - general discussion

• Say you wanted to map that red button to 'up'.

So you want to replace the line:
    0x16 396
    with
    0x16 103

In simple terms ('cos I have a simple understanding of this!) the first column of numbers in your remote.conf (the ones in hex) is a list of the remote keys, the second column is the list of what they're read as.

Long presses are mapped within kodi, not in remote.conf.

Yeah, i've got that sorted thanks to your explanation. Just want to explore what's going on in the default configuration file and what 396 initally should trigger. As it's labeled "KODI" on the remote in android it will probably just start Kodi, if installed. Looks like a modification to me.

Anyway, still don't know what the "repeat_key_begin" section in the remote.conf usually does. In my understanding the "key_begin" section simply defines the press key action, while "repeat_key_begin" performs an action after the given value "repeat_delay" for the already pressed key.

If that's the case, one could raise the delay a bit and set actions to apply as you would use in your longpress modifications in keyboard.xml.

By default, it looks like "repeat_key_begin" has exactly the same defiinitions as "key_begin".

Anyway, this get's a bit offtopic in here. Thank you for your help so far.

• You don't need to power the box as the computer usb will do that.

Load up the buring tool > load image > click start > plug in usb into box > plug in the cable to the computer > image should start to flash.

I already know that USB will power box when using tool. I tried your method but tool doesn't detect box. Don't know why because I flashed it this way before.
    That's why I was asking about way for getting into the console before Kodi is loading up.

Edit: Ok, I've manage to make it detect by resintalling tool so the drivers would be reinstalled as well. But when I try to flash it with image that previously worked I'm getting error:
    [0x00301001]Erease bootloader/Switch status/Enum device/Enum error

Edit2: I'm trying without Erease bootloader option checked to see what's going to happen...

Edit3: Funny...It worked. This time I forced Android to be in 1080p but after flashing LE I still can't switch GUI to 1080p. The same is with playing anything above 720p.

Edited once, last by Draghmar (August 14, 2016 at 3:33 PM).

• The search function on this site is absolute crap! Can someone help me out and point me where I read about using the 'Reboot to Nand' option in skins other than Confluence ?

• Hello kszaq

I wanted to consult with you about buying a new device.
    just sold my device last week (beelink mini mx 1gb ram), because the problem of memory management (heavy skin & several addons couse to freeze)
    Are you going to support newer devices based on amlogic 905x, 912, (and maybe dvb-t tuner device's).
    If so, what do you recommend to purchased.

Thanks in advance.

• The search function on this site is absolute crap! Can someone help me out and point me where I read about using the 'Reboot to Nand' option in skins other than Confluence ?

Hello,

just add "site:forum.libreeelec.tv" to your search terms to search the forums using google. Best result, from our thread here: LibreELEC

Reboot from nand is a binary ( /usr/sbin/rebootfromnand ) - if your skin allows you to execute binaries by selecting menu options or clicking buttons, you can add the functionality.

• just add "site:forum.libreeelec.tv" to your search terms to search the forums using google. Best result, from our thread here: LibreELEC

Reboot from nand is a binary ( /usr/sbin/rebootfromnand ) - if your skin allows you to execute binaries by selecting menu options or clicking buttons, you can add the functionality.

Thanks & thanks ;)

• Has anyone else experienced playback starts 5-6 seconds into the video? I can confirm this on every OE/LE builds with Jarvis. On my Minix NEO X8-H plus and now on my new MiniMXIII.

• Has anyone else experienced playback starts 5-6 seconds into the video? I can confirm this on every OE/LE builds with Jarvis. On my Minix NEO X8-H plus and now on my new MiniMXIII.

Yes, I get this on my MiniMXIII mainly with HEVC files. Often occurs with stuttering, see here: LibreELEC

• Hello kszaq

I wanted to consult with you about buying a new device.
    just sold my device last week (beelink mini mx 1gb ram), because the problem of memory management (heavy skin & several addons couse to freeze)
    Are you going to support newer devices based on amlogic 905x, 912, (and maybe dvb-t tuner device's).
    If so, what do you recommend to purchased.

Thanks in advance.

I am using a Beelink Mini MXIII (2/16GB) since the 5th of July daily without any serious Problems...so I can't join the diskussion about the issues, mentioned here.

Anyway HEVC is not supported propper until Kodi 17.

Cheers
    Mark[emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem H60-L04 mit Tapatalk

• Now I found that missing start of the playback was solved in SPMC 16.4.2. I had previous SPMC Jarvis builds on my Android tablet and the bug was there. Now on 16.4.2. it is finally solved. Maybe devs could use Koying patch for LE builds too. Very excited about that.

• Now I found that missing start of the playback was solved in SPMC 16.4.2. I had previous SPMC Jarvis builds on my Android tablet and the bug was there. Now on 16.4.2. it is finally solved. Maybe devs could use Koying patch for LE builds too. Very excited about that.

If you have a link to the patch, then maybe Kszaq can include it in the next release.

• So I got a A95X and a MicroSD card with the img dd'ed to it in the slot. Those 5 files show up fine if I open the file browser in Android. I installed Quick Boot because I couldn't find anything else that would allow rebooting to recovery mode on it, but then that just gives me the recovery menu after reboot. Both "reboot to bootloader" and the other one just send me straight back into Android. I have no idea where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.