S905 builds - general discussion

• EDIT: Went to backup&update and used a random kodi addon zip then proceeded to update the box and bam LE booted from SD. The kodi addons zip where on the NAND after lauching kodi within Android. I think the reset button is broken on this box as well.

Hi Jon
    What is a Random Kodi Addon Zip ?

• Hi Jon
    What is a Random Kodi Addon Zip ?

Use any zip file, your just tricking the box to boot into recovery to excute the aml script, so it launches LE from the SD Card. When i launched the UPDATE&BACKUP app it scanned for zip files it thought where updates, they just happen to be Kodi addons zip files. I just choose the first one in the list it found and started the update. Once the box rebooted and started to go into recovery it excuted Kszaq script instead of flashing the zip that was selected, which would have failed in any event.

I suspect you can enable developer options in Android and reboot to recovery via adb over your lan, which would be safer and i wasn't thinking. The above seemed easier and I have the tools to unbrick these boxes so it was worth a shot.

• Use any zip file, your just tricking the box to boot into recovery to excute the aml script, so it launches LE from the SD Card. When i launched the UPDATE&BACKUP app it scanned for zip files it thought where updates, they just happen to be Kodi addons zip files. I just choose the first one in the list it found and started the update. Once the box rebooted and started to go into recovery it excuted Kszaq script instead of flashing the zip that was selected, which would have failed in any event.

I suspect you can enable developer options in Android and reboot to recovery via adb over your lan, which would be safer and i wasn't thinking. The above seemed easier and I have the tools to unbrick these boxes so it was worth a shot.

Thanks for that! I tried using ADB reboot recovery wirelessly and while it did reboot to recovery, it never loaded the files from the SD Card nor executed the script. With this odd method, it did , and it didn't touch android underneath. Saved me from buying another box!

• No for the moment we can't have LE on MiniM8S II. Because this is 905x not 905 !
    And read again the other forum.
    User could say he installed LE on MiniM8S II realised that it was an error. He had a TV Box with 905 and not 905x like you and me.

wtf, because of the user report about the MiniM8S II I ordered one. now I'm not able to use libreelec? :( any chance the S905x will get a ported libreelec?

• wtf, because of the user report about the MiniM8S II I ordered one. now I'm not able to use libreelec? any chance the S905x will get a ported libreelec?

There's always a chance, and you just have to be patient. Once a dev gets an s905x box, I'm sure they would want to get LE running on it as well. There is always the option, if you are that desperate, to provide an s905x box to a dev and they would surely oblige.

• Hello everybody, I am back from my holidays.

I've been away from computer for 2 weeks an I have a lot of catching up to do so don't expect a new release very soon, I need at least a few days to merge all new code from other developers.

While I'm not responding now to tons of new posts in this thread, I have read all of then and I'm aware of issues you have.

You may also have noticed that before I left for holidays I uploaded 7.0.2.005 build - that one reverted some problematic changes from 7.0.2.004 and is a recommended build to use until I post a newer one.

The release thread has been separated from neverending thread to bring a clearer image for the newcomers.

Don't ask me what the plans for the new build are - plans are big but I don't want to promise something that cannot be done.

• Welcome back and thanks for all your hard work on this. I've based my purchases on these LE builds that you provide (mk808b+, A95X s905, MXQ Pro 4k S905), just to give you an indication of how appreciated your work is.

• I'm just hoping Kszaq is able to fix the memory problems , everything else i know will eventually get addressed by him or other devs.

Just leaving the box on for 2 days my MXIII has already used 60% ram, same config on a Rpi2 and ram sits at 15% when idle the MXQ would have frozen by now.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 3, 2016 at 6:13 PM).

• Hey everyone... new to this forum! I came here through a link from the amlinuxmedia.com which was from an openelec thread for my mxq pro 4k box which i have openelec installed. Although the functionality of it works pretty good, i have been experiencing freezing from time to time, especially when quickly navigating through movie and show menues and especiay through 3rd party addon menus. Im reading this probably has more to do with memory usage issues.

Now a friend also has had some experience with libre and recommended it as he says that its more routinely developed so i thought id give this a shot.

With all of this asaid, i tried the SD card method and was unable to as there is no "toothpick" method availabe for my box and the only way to reboot into recovery is through ADB. However, when I do this, it goes into that android recovery screen and doesnt "see" or read any filed contained within the card. There some mention on this thread about using BACKUP&RESTORE app, but i dont seem to have this? Am i missing something?

Any help would be infinitely appreciated! :)

Chris

• Hey everyone... new to this forum! I came here through a link from the amlinuxmedia.com which was from an openelec thread for my mxq pro 4k box which i have openelec installed. Although the functionality of it works pretty good, i have been experiencing freezing from time to time, especially when quickly navigating through movie and show menues and especiay through 3rd party addon menus. Im reading this probably has more to do with memory usage issues.

Now a friend also has had some experience with libre and recommended it as he says that its more routinely developed so i thought id give this a shot.

With all of this asaid, i tried the SD card method and was unable to as there is no "toothpick" method availabe for my box and the only way to reboot into recovery is through ADB. However, when I do this, it goes into that android recovery screen and doesnt "see" or read any filed contained within the card. There some mention on this thread about using BACKUP&RESTORE app, but i dont seem to have this? Am i missing something?

Any help would be infinitely appreciated! :)

Chris

You need to install aAndroid firmware that has that app,

• You need to install aAndroid firmware that has that app,

Hey thkas for the quick repsonse.. any you can pint me to? I know (or have heard) that Android firmware is very specific to that Andoid box and putting anyting other than that would brick it? Is this the case?

I have the MXQ PRO 4K v1