S905 builds - general discussion

• Once you've installed this to NAND, do the Android settings have any effect on the device or is that all controlled by LibreELEC?

Pretty sure that this wipes the android OS and replaces it with libreelec, so no, the android settings will not have any effect.

• Pretty sure that this wipes the android OS and replaces it with libreelec, so no, the android settings will not have any effect.

Thanks, I was a little worried I might have set something in Android before flashing LE. I'm trying to work out what's putting the device into standby over night.

• I am having the same video corruption issues as posted above by Deezel when it switches resolution (from 720p to 1080p@24Hz for example). It seems to overlay the previous screen (multiple times like the pictures above) but the movie is still playing fine (and supported by the TV) behind these glitchy screens. My TV is a Samsung with 720p 60Hz resolution but capable of 1080p@24Hz (but not at 50 or 60Hz -it would need to be 1080i at those freqs).

I have tried disabling autoswitching of resolution in android but it makes no difference. I actually don't want to disable auto-switching, I'd like it to work without these artifacts - is this going to be possible ?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by Jed (July 25, 2016 at 12:53 PM).

• I am having the same video corruption issues as posted above by Deezel when it switches resolution (from 720p to 1080p@24Hz for example). It seems to overlay the previous screen (multiple times like the pictures above) but the movie is still playing fine (and supported by the TV) behind these glitchy screens. My TV is a Samsung with 720p 60Hz resolution but capable of 1080p@24Hz (but not at 50 or 60Hz -it would need to be 1080i at those freqs).

I have tried disabling autoswitching of resolution in android but it makes no difference. I actually don't want to disable auto-switching, I'd like it to work without these artifacts - is this going to be possible ?

Thanks.

Hi Jed
    Resolution and refresh rate are 2 different subjects/options here. Go into Kodi settings and turn off adjust display refresh rate to match movie. I may or may not be right but without really knowing your TV's capabilities i am guessing the refresh rate changes to match the video but the tv cannot play the movie or stream that the tv cannot display.
    There are settings to sync to display but just google about these settings in kodi.
    Good luck.

Thanks.

I have a 720p samsung tv as well, don't believe it is capable of 1080p but running the 003 version on SD, and no issues with setting resolution to 1080p. It actually seems to output better at 1080p on the screen. If set to 720p, i need to make adjustments and it doesn't fill the screen all the way. I have to do this for LibreElec and with the MXQ Pro 4k that is running android with SPMC as home launcher.
    [hr]

Thanks, I was a little worried I might have set something in Android before flashing LE. I'm trying to work out what's putting the device into standby over night.

check the CEC settings, perhaps it is setting off if no signal from the TV after a while?

Edited once, last by goofball (July 25, 2016 at 1:59 PM).

• check the CEC settings, perhaps it is setting off if no signal from the TV after a while?

I've had a look at the settings but can't see anything obvious in there that would turn the device. In fact it has the same settings as my NUC with the PulseEight USB CEC adapter and that doesn't turn itself off.

I'm wondering if it's something built-in to the device that puts it into standby after it's not been used for a while. It wouldn't be an issue but as I use CEC I can't turn it back on again without the original remote.

• I've had a look at the settings but can't see anything obvious in there that would turn the device. In fact it has the same settings as my NUC with the PulseEight USB CEC adapter and that doesn't turn itself off.

I'm wondering if it's something built-in to the device that puts it into standby after it's not been used for a while. It wouldn't be an issue but as I use CEC I can't turn it back on again without the original remote.

What device do you have specifically? I am using the A95x, and mine is always on with CEC enabled. I have no issues accessing it some 24-48hrs since last use. It just stays on.

• Hi Jed
    Resolution and refresh rate are 2 different subjects/options here. Go into Kodi settings and turn off adjust display refresh rate to match movie. I may or may not be right but without really knowing your TV's capabilities i am guessing the refresh rate changes to match the video but the tv cannot play the movie or stream that the tv cannot display.
    There are settings to sync to display but just google about these settings in kodi.
    Good luck.

Hi Kostaman, thanks so I've done a little more looking with this and so the setting that does (or doesn't) allow the switching is under Settings/Video/Adjust Display Rate and so if I disable that then of course it is fine as no switching occurs and the TV stays on 720P. If I leave it in its default 'On start stop' setting then with 720P TV resolution in place it will switch to 1080P@24Hz and so it changes *both* resolution and refresh rate.

So I went back to Android and of course I couldn't get the feature to work there and so whilst in Android I changed Display Resolution to 1080P@60Hz and then went back to LibreElec and tried the same things again and this time it switched from 1080P@60 to 1080P@24 without corruption and artifacts of the previous screen. So all fixed one might say but I would still have liked to be able to have the TV in 720P resolution and have it switch in and out of the movie resolution and refresh rate, as intended. I dont know if that is possible I hope @kszak will be able to tell me. But I think it is significant that it is the switching from 720 to 1080 that causes the artifact of the previous 720@60 screen to overlay the 1080@24 movie and that it is not the switch from 60Hz to 24Hz, in itself, that is the problem (since it is fine going from 1080@60 to 1080@24 and back again).

Also your point that resolution and refresh are 2 different subjects/otions might be true in reality but for the purposes of the setting mentioned above, both are impacted together from this single setting. Interestingly if the TV is set at 1080 there is no switching down for a 720 (or lower) movie, the resolution part of the switching only works in the upward direction, from a TV 720 setting up to a movie 1080 setting. Once the TV is set (in Android) to 1080 then that seems to be where it stays (but does change in refresh rate to 24Hz most of the time).

For completeness, I attach a dump of the setting I am talking about.

• Hi Jed
    Good luck.

Change TVs display refresh rate needs a compatible TV?
    I used this feature on my mk808b+ without problems. (maybe it wasn't working after all?)

I will try by turning it off again.

Edit:
    I have disabled the two settings for syncing the display rate.
    "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" and "Sync Playback to Display"
    Did not help... :(
    I will try to create a log tomorrow.

Edited once, last by Stimmenhotel (July 25, 2016 at 10:01 PM).

• Can someone please check if Moonlight is included in this release (like it is for the Odroid C2 release) and has possibly tested to stream games with it? I'd like to know if the generic S905s are able to do a smooth game streaming without any noticeable latency.

Hi!
    It seems to be a program add-on, however when I try starting it up it just hangs...
    (This is on a Beelink Mini MXIII)
    The other problem I've got is that my wired xbox 360 controller is not recognised :(
    Regards
    Kevin

• Hi
    I found today this build and while waiting for WeTeK Play2 I wanted to try it on some cheap chinese box I bought some time ago to test something. It is MXQ Pro Quick Play.
    I tried both method to initialize LE (toothpick and reboot).
    First one don't want to work - pushing reset button in AV hole won't bring recovery menu.
    I tried to install app that reboot to recovery and...it worked...I mean I did get to the recovery screen but I couldn't start sys from SD. So I thought I would try to flash NAND - failed because of some unmount and mounting problems (didn't get pic and I don't remember what exaclty that was). Yeah...And now when I try to boot I'm getting

Code
    Error in mount_flash: mount_part: Unknown filesystem

info and cli. Exiting it makes LE logo appear but then there's this error again and that's it. And because I can't get reset button to work like it should I'm not sure what can I do...maybe nothing and the device is bricked but I'd like to know that too.
    Any sugestions? :)

• You might have to open it to see what board you have. There's a v1 board which has the reset button in the AV slot but it's not soldered so you might need to connect it up to the PC using USB port 4 and USB burning tool to load the proper image for it.
    I haven't been able to get it to load LE from the SD card either. It won't install the zip file for u-boot.

• You might have to open it to see what board you have. There's a v1 board which has the reset button in the AV slot but it's not soldered so you might need to connect it up to the PC using USB port 4 and USB burning tool to load the proper image for it.
    I haven't been able to get it to load LE from the SD card either. It won't install the zip file for u-boot.

I'll look at that when I get back from work. Thanks.
    Could you please tell me what is this USB burning tool? Is it this tool? Download Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.4.3