S905 builds - general discussion

• Lost H265 needs expanding on because kszaq specifically refers to hevc now working at 4k in the very first post on this forum. I'd suggest you have a read of the section on how to report bugs ( with logs etc). I can play H265 on a box with S805. With the correct tone you will find him to be very supportive.

Can't help you find your Android firmware to reinstall but I have to point out that if you'd installed to SD first and gone down the dual boot route, android would still be there for you. I know it doesn't help but it is the risk free way to follow when you've got android back.

Yea, I tried the SD card thing first but it didn't work. It just always booted into recovery. So I thought maybe I was supposed to "Install from EXT". I guess not. The H.265 doesn't work in the same way it didn't work on my Pi. It stutters, is glitchy and there is no sound. I have a S905 though. Admittedly, I do not know much about these Android machines. I have like 5 RPI's, but this is my first Android box. I got it just because the RPi's couldn't do H.265. It's just been a LONG day. I could never get the storage to expand to the USB when it was Android and there was too little room for Kodi to play correctly. Then I put on LE and lost the H.265. This new box hasn't been as much fun as I thought it would be! :) I'm ready to flush it down th toilet.

• perhaps symmetrically try

Code
    swapoff -a

in /storage/.config/shutdown.sh
    [hr]

i moved machine to other room and now LE can receive its own dvb-t tvheadend backend with pvr.hts frontend.
    So all I can think of is that dvb-t signal quality may have mattered. Good news is: it works!
    (I have bluetooth working as well now, albeit not the internal one bit an external USB one)

Thanks it's work great.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• After two days testing:
    MiniMX 1GB with 107l android firmware, and latest LIBREELEC .
    Everything fine, but sometimes lost cec control, and sometimes hang the device.
    When hang, then no more interaction with it.

• After two days testing:
    MiniMX 1GB with 107l android firmware, and latest LIBREELEC .
    Everything fine, but sometimes lost cec control, and sometimes hang the device.
    When hang, then no more interaction with it.

Does the level of android firmware matter if you are only using openelec or libreelec?

I put openelec on my minimx a long time ago and i have no clue what version of android firmware it was running back then......

/Jacob

• mylles,

Looks like it does. For me I had 103L and LE SD Card install did not find the remote control, thus I had to copy the remote.conf manually. When I updated android to 107L, SD Card install found the remote control and the remote works straight away.

Edited once, last by anemeth (July 18, 2016 at 9:53 AM).

• I'm using sd card version and I do not know if it's right, but when I playing full HD video using quasar (8gb average) the device is moving very slowly. Each click responds only after half a minute.

My sd card: SanDisk class 10 16gb.

• I'm using sd card version and I do not know if it's right, but when I playing full HD video using quasar (8gb average) the device is moving very slowly. Each click responds only after half a minute.

My sd card: SanDisk class 10 16gb.

That is your ram been exhausted. This addon runs out of ram on 1gb boxes causing this.
    It doesn't occur on 2gb boxes. kszaq is aware of ram allocation for video playback is high but you will have to wait for developments.
    Cheers.

• It it possible that we will see libreelec 8 (kodi 17) with the new inputstream.mpd-plugin on amlogic s805/905? Or is this not going to happen because of hard-/software limitations?

• That is your ram been exhausted. This addon runs out of ram on 1gb boxes causing this.
    It doesn't occur on 2gb boxes. kszaq is aware of ram allocation for video playback is high but you will have to wait for developments.
    Cheers.

I'm using 1gb swap partition, It should not solve the problem?.

• It it possible that we will see libreelec 8 (kodi 17) with the new inputstream.mpd-plugin on amlogic s805/905? Or is this not going to happen because of hard-/software limitations?

I would like to iron out the bugs in current stable LE/Kodi. When this is done, development will focus on LE 8/Kodi 17.

• These images seem amazing. Is there any chance you will build similar images for amlogic s905x based devices? I think the first Nexbox A95X devices with S905x, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB eMMC Storage are available for pre-order now.

• These images seem amazing. Is there any chance you will build similar images for amlogic s905x based devices? I think the first Nexbox A95X devices with S905x, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB eMMC Storage are available for pre-order now.

Do a little bit of reading before you post. That box and questions about flashing it are covered.
    I know it is your first post but do familiarise yourself with what has been posted. It is only 18 pages at this point.
    Cheers.
    [hr]

I'm using 1gb swap partition, It should not solve the problem?.

I dont use swap partition and not sure how this would help with a box only having 1gb of ram to utilize.
    Sorry i only understand ram swapping between ram modules.
    Thanks

Edited once, last by kostaman (July 18, 2016 at 12:57 PM).

• What I took from these 18 pages was that S905X isn't supported at all. The 2GB Version you were refering to sounds like the same S905 device just with 2G of RAM. That's not the CPU I meant.

Edited once, last by honolulu1 (July 18, 2016 at 1:05 PM).

• Find you project after recieving the MXQ Pro 4K (S905) this weekend. Great project and great preformance.

I installed version 7.0.2.003 build 003 running on SD.

All working fine except:

When i try to shutdown the system with the KODI menu i can select Power Off system but then the OK button for the finale step is not working with the remote.
    When pressing Enter with keyboard its working. Remote is working fine in KODI and i can use the OK button for everything else.
    Remote is working with the default Android Remote config.

System shutdown, led stays blue, and after few minutes it stay blue and not turn on again until i remove/connect power. I cannot ping the device so it look likes it is turned off.

When i choose Reboot from NAND in KODI system shuts down and screen stay dark and i cannot ping the device. When i remove / connect power it boots in Nand with default Android Systeem.

I know there are problems with shutdown/power on but strange part is the OK button not working.
    Maby someone have an idea how to solve the problems.

• What I took from these 18 pages was that S905X isn't supported at all. The 2GB Version you were refering to sounds like the same S905 device just with 2G of RAM. That's not the CPU I meant.

LibreELEC

Not yet.
    I'm sorry but this was only posted/quoted by kszaq yesterday.

Asking again is not going to make it happen any quicker.

Dont take it the wrong way.
    Choosing hardware that is not even released cannot be something kszaq
    can advise you on its working with OE.

• Now I get it. S905X is supposed to work with this image too but isn't yet. So there will be no need for an other image because eventually in time it will be working.

• Now I get it. S905X is supposed to work with this image too but isn't yet. So there will be no need for an other image because eventually in time it will be working.

Just test it with SD card installation NOT NAND and all will be good.

• I would like to iron out the bugs in current stable LE/Kodi. When this is done, development will focus on LE 8/Kodi 17.

No problem, but I just wanted to know if inputstream will be possible via LibreElec (on this hardware). Because I've read that inputstream is impossible via android...