S905 builds - general discussion

• Yes, I have the MXmini III running LibreELEC, (Krypton) using the realtek device tree

I am happy with it, since installing libreelec the wifi is better

what device tree do you have? there are newer ones for Libreelec 8

• I have a couple of minimxiiis, both running 8.0, and they run like a dream. I tried android (kodi jarvis and spmc) when I bought the first box, and LE has been a much better experience.

• I tried that on box number 2 when it arrived. Left it on for a couple of days, then installed LE to internal.
    I guess it was better than stock, it's hard to tell when you're testing a couple of months apart.
    And tbh I spent a load of time setting up the first box on android - when the second arrived it was more or less 'I'll check that out but what I really want to see is how well LE runs from Nand.'

Edited once, last by trogggy (March 12, 2017 at 4:27 PM).

• Yes, I have the MXmini III running LibreELEC, (Krypton) using the realtek device tree

I am happy with it, since installing libreelec the wifi is better

what device tree do you have? there are newer ones for Libreelec 8

Can you pls post link to right device tree and libreelec that you use.

• Are you shure?
    I think my box have Broadcom wifi chip.

I have never used Realtek device trees for my MiniMx S905 2g/16g non branded on casing.

Please SSH into your box and run

Code
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

This is my result below. Broadcom Wifi.

Edited once, last by kostaman (March 12, 2017 at 10:50 PM).

• I have never used Realtek device trees for my MiniMx S905 2g/16g non branded on casing.

Please SSH into your box and run

Code
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

This is my result below. Broadcom Wifi.

For comparison my minimxiii (ie branded) returned this:

• For comparison my minimxiii (ie branded) returned this:

I have had this issue with identifying a MiniMx during the last 12 months with members not being specific as to
    what MiniMx they have.
    I never use Beelink MiniMx when posting and always use Un Branded MiniMx S905 along with the ram and memory size to make it clear.
    Looks like the Branded Box uses Realtek. ;)

• I have had this issue with identifying a MiniMx during the last 12 months with members not being specific as to
    what MiniMx they have.
    I never use Beelink MiniMx when posting and always use Un Branded MiniMx S905 along with the ram and memory size to make it clear.
    Looks like the Branded Box uses Realtek. ;)

Identifying a minimxiii should be pretty straightforward - the box and device are clearly labelled (Beelink on the device, Beelink minimx iii on the packaging) and they have a Beelink splash screen (as opposed to that bear or whatever it is).
    It's the rest of 'em (minimx) that seem to be unclear.

Edited once, last by trogggy (March 12, 2017 at 11:33 PM).

• Identifying a minimxiii should be pretty straightforward

My point is that a Member asking for help with MiniMx as their Box to seek help is what causes confusion for me.
    I never know which of the 2 boxes a member has when they post MiniMx as their Box.
    Both boxes are made by Beelink with Nexteon Boards but have minor differences in Hardware (wifi chip) AND DIFFERENT
    Firmware.

• My point is that a Member asking for help with MiniMx as their Box to seek help is what causes confusion for me.
    I never know which of the 2 boxes a member has when they post MiniMx as their Box.
    Both boxes are made by Beelink with Nexteon Boards but have minor differences in Hardware (wifi chip) AND DIFFERENT
    Firmware.

Gotcha. But in this case he did say ' I have Beelink Mini MXIII ...'
    If someone says that I'm going to assume they have a Beelink Mini MXIII - if not it's their problem. :D

• Gotcha. But in this case he did say ' I have Beelink Mini MXIII ...'
    If someone says that I'm going to assume they have a Beelink Mini MXIII - if not it's their problem

I have to tell you on at least 20 posts in the past , members have named their Black UN BRANDED box
    Beelink MiniMx because the sellers sold it to them with that name.
    Google beelink minimx s905 and see my point.
    Asking the question Un Branded confirmed they had the Broadcom Chip Un Branded Box.
    Because it is Manufactured by Beelink , there's nothing wrong with that.
    Again it is Chinese Branding mixing up names with numerous boxes with different specs.

• I have to tell you on at least 20 posts in the past , members have named their Black UN BRANDED box
    Beelink MiniMx because the sellers sold it to them with that name.
    Google beelink minimx s905 and see my point.
    Asking the question Un Branded confirmed they had the Broadcom Chip Un Branded Box.
    Because it is Manufactured by Beelink , there's nothing wrong with that.
    Again it is Chinese Branding mixing up names with numerous boxes with different specs.

I think we're talking at cross purposes here.

If someone says they have a minimx there's doubt as to what they mean.
    If someone says they have a minimx iii then that's a specific box.
    No?
    I've not seen a generic box sold as a mini mxiii - but maybe they have been?

• First revisions of MiniMX (not III, not branded) came with AP6212, second with Realtek 8723BS.

My other MiniMx 1gb/8gb un branded which has no bluetooth. 1gb gb boxes had no bluetooth.

Code
    LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.0.3.012j[b]LibreELEC:[/b][b]~ [/b]# udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*P: /devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1E: DEVPATH=/devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1E: DRIVER=bcmsdh_sdmmcE: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v02D0dA9A6E: SDIO_CLASS=00E: SDIO_ID=02D0:A9A6E: SUBSYSTEM=sdioE: SYSTEMD_WANTS=brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.serviceE: TAGS=:systemd:E: USEC_INITIALIZED=7145002

Edited once, last by kostaman (March 14, 2017 at 10:41 PM).

• My other MiniMx 1gb/8gb un branded which has no bluetooth. 1gb gb boxes had no bluetooth.

C'mon man, give it a rest.

troggy was responding to this post, about a different box than you keep droning on about

I have Beelink Mini MXIII and Libreelec on my box freezing all time. I was traying v7, v8 without success.
    I use this device tree.

as confirmed here

I think we're talking at cross purposes here.

If someone says they have a minimx there's doubt as to what they mean.
    If someone says they have a minimx iii then that's a specific box.

and again here

Identifying a minimxiii should be pretty straightforward

No wonder your post count is so high, LOL :rolleyes:

Edited once, last by Poida (March 15, 2017 at 11:44 AM).