VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• User Defined "just" uses an ovpn that the user supplies. The wizard is not 100% full proof for sure, but if you're capable of managing a VPN server, then you're capable of debugging ovpn issues. Ultimately, if you don't supply a working ovpn, then it won't work, for sure....

If you don't understand the variability built into PiVPN, and the variance with the way people will set it up and use it, then nothing I can say will convince you otherwise. Either way, I'm not adding native support because it makes no sense. And I'm definitely not adding native support for your specific usage of PiVPN - that's way too limited an audience.

Also, I'm not even clear on the use case of PiVPN. If you're always connecting to the same end point just use systemd to achieve this. You'll still need a working ovpn for that though.

• Something wrong with Cyberghost?

Only they know that, did you ask their support team?

Regardless, the reported location for any VPN (which is from one of three third party APIs) is far from 100% reliable in terms of its location data. What this does tell you is that the interweb thinks you're connected somewhere else to where you are actually connected.

• I have been using VPN Manager with LibreElec for a while at it seemed to work well. I don't use it a lot, but yesterday I connected to my LibreElec box and the VPN no longer works. I have examined the logs and reinstalled and reconfigured the VPN Manager addon without success. From the attached log it looks like some server authentication process is now broken. The VPN service works fine on other systems. Any ideas on how to get this working again would be appreciated:

LibreElec/ KODI log extract follows: hastebin

• For anyone using PIA, if you're using the older alternative SOCKS/PPTP/L2TP user and password then the new definitions will not work for you. PIA are changing their infrastructure and the old stuff will stop working end of the month. More info here Unable to connect to PIA · Issue #306 · Zomboided/service.vpn.manager · GitHub

hi,

I'm having troubles now with PIA configuring the manual port forwarding. They seem to have a new script for that as well - did you come across already?

• I deleted all files and tried again with the same result. It looks like VPNSecure is no longer allowing the password in the .ovpn parameter list. It has to be placed in a file and that file referenced via the "askpass" parameter, something like "askpass auth.txt" where auth.txt has the password. Another difference I see from my manual openvpn logon is I have a "dh dh2048.pem" parameter in my .ovpn config. I don't see dh or aslpass in the openvpn manager TEMPLATE.txt file. Could this be the problem?

• hi,

I'm having troubles now with PIA configuring the manual port forwarding. They seem to have a new script for that as well - did you come across already?

Their script is an alternative to applications (like this one). If you want to use port forwarding then you're free to implement what's required in an up/down script that's called when openvpn connects/disconnects. I don't have plans to add it natively.

• Their script is an alternative to applications (like this one). If you want to use port forwarding then you're free to implement what's required in an up/down script that's called when openvpn connects/disconnects. I don't have plans to add it natively.

Thanks a lot zomboided for the provided feedback - was just thinking if you came across this one. I've had it running previously with a custom script for port-forwarding. Unfortunately they changed the procedure entirely.

I will drop a PN just to ask you something - maybe you might be able to help.

Edited once, last by VladTepes (November 12, 2020 at 1:02 PM).

• You're asking me questions directly about scripting. You're better off posting your question in a separate thread in the LE forum. There are people more familiar with the functions available in LE that I am.

• I do not see how to PM so I am responding to list: Config for working .ovpn and what happens when "askpass" parameter is omitted. The password is used to log in to my vpnsecure account and apparently used to generate my .key and .crt files.

See

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• wgking You're not supplying a full log (which is irritating), so I'm assuming you're using the latest version of the code (6.3.7 I think). VPNSecure got changed because of this post a month or so ago and needs the latest version.

klashh88 supplied a current (?) VPNSecure ovpn file which is different to the one you're sharing and I modified the settings to make it work with that ovpn. The one you're sharing looks like how VPNSecure used to be supported.

I have no VPNSecure account (and I'm not going to pay to get one) and two users contradicting each other. I need some clarity as to which definition is right. It looked to me like klashh88 went to get the latest files and engaged with their support team so I've no reason to doubt him (or indeed you).