Posts by wgking

When I first setup KODI with OpenVPN manager a while ago I also ran into the expired VPNSecure cert included in openvpn manager. I was able to replace it with a current one from VPNSecure and everything was working until recently.

So, I have gone into my VPNSecure account and regenerated my config files. The .ovpn parameters look identical to the previous one I was using to manually connect. The most recent .ovpn from VPNSecure is at

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The default remote server in the .ovpn file seems to no longer work, but other servers seem to be fine.

I copied my new .crt and .key files to KODI, reset VPN service, deleted all downloaded data, rebooted the box, and reconfigured Openvpn Manager. The VPN still gets the same error. I have included the KODI log from last midnight at:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If I ssh into KODI and run "openvpn wgking99.ovpn" manually at the command prompt after picking ca3.vpnsecure.me as the remote the vpn comes up fine with a few warnings. If I add "askpass auth.txt" after placing my VPNSecure password in auth.txt it starts without any password prompts, so openvpn and VPNSecure are working as expected.

Greg

I do not see how to PM so I am responding to list: Config for working .ovpn and what happens when "askpass" parameter is omitted. The password is used to log in to my vpnsecure account and apparently used to generate my .key and .crt files.

See

I deleted all files and tried again with the same result. It looks like VPNSecure is no longer allowing the password in the .ovpn parameter list. It has to be placed in a file and that file referenced via the "askpass" parameter, something like "askpass auth.txt" where auth.txt has the password. Another difference I see from my manual openvpn logon is I have a "dh dh2048.pem" parameter in my .ovpn config. I don't see dh or aslpass in the openvpn manager TEMPLATE.txt file. Could this be the problem?

I have been using VPN Manager with LibreElec for a while at it seemed to work well. I don't use it a lot, but yesterday I connected to my LibreElec box and the VPN no longer works. I have examined the logs and reinstalled and reconfigured the VPN Manager addon without success. From the attached log it looks like some server authentication process is now broken. The VPN service works fine on other systems. Any ideas on how to get this working again would be appreciated:

LibreElec/ KODI log extract follows: hastebin