VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Windows

Download the install package from openvpn.netand install it. You must keep the option checked to update the path.(no such option exists)

When you run Kodi, you must run it as administrator (otherwise updating the routing table will fail during VPN connection).

If you have other software installed also controlling the VPN (including packages provided by your VPN provider), this may cause a conflict. You should decide if you want to manage the VPN outside of the Kodi environment or not.

• I have it working well on my libreelec, but i cant set a second VPN connection just refuses to open that option for me, any ideas?

Leia ?????

Try just manually choosing a second VPN and see if its available as a second option after that.

Toggle between VPN Connections after that.

Sorry I'm not home to be exact on what i did.

• that's the thing I cant choose a 2nd VPN its greyed out yes kodi leia

Sorry i did not explain it properly.

Open the Add on and don't use the settings.

Use "Change or disconnect VPN"

Click on the one's you wan't to connect to.

Then Toggle between the VPN's you've chosen.

• ok so is there anyone who can help me set this up on a linux machine, I've done away with windows and now trying to set this up on linux (ubuntu) I keep getting that same bloody error, what am i doing wrong please can someone help me figure this out?

• If your problem is that the second vpn is greyed out then as was explained, it's a Leia bug. The same bug exists across all platforms. Use a non beta (ie Kodi 17) build and you'll be fine

Ok, so Kodi 18 is no longer beta, I'll test against it and raise bugs against the Kodi devs. 17 is still the answer for now.

• Hi Zomboided

When do you get the update 5.0.8 of your addon?

I found an extra bug in addition to the slower connection with the vpn Hyde my ass. When your addon is activated the keyboard goes from azerty to qwerty and we can not do anything in the settings (in system the librelec icon does not work too)

Courage for your efforts.

kodi 17.6 openvpn 5.0.7 on librelec raspberry pi3

• If your problem is that the second vpn is greyed out then as was explained, it's a Leia bug. The same bug exists across all platforms. Use a non beta (ie Kodi 17) build and you'll be fine

Ok, so Kodi 18 is no longer beta, I'll test against it and raise bugs against the Kodi devs. 17 is still the answer for now.

I actually have it fully working with 2nd and 3rd connections now I set it up in v17 first then installed 18 and it works as expected, the only thing I'm now trying to figure out is VPN manager installation on ubuntu, can get everything working but the kill all, its grinding on me keeping me up lol, if anyone has any advice they would like to share to help, It would be greatly appreciated

• Hi Zomboided

When do you get the update 5.0.8 of your addon?

I found an extra bug in addition to the slower connection with the vpn Hyde my ass. When your addon is activated the keyboard goes from azerty to qwerty and we can not do anything in the settings (in system the librelec icon does not work too)

Courage for your efforts.

kodi 17.6 openvpn 5.0.7 on librelec raspberry pi3

Try deleting zomboided.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps

There's nothing else happening in the addon to change the keyboard, but it's possible that there was a bug that screwed up the keymap.

• I actually have it fully working with 2nd and 3rd connections now I set it up in v17 first then installed 18 and it works as expected, the only thing I'm now trying to figure out is VPN manager installation on ubuntu, can get everything working but the kill all, its grinding on me keeping me up lol, if anyone has any advice they would like to share to help, It would be greatly appreciated

01. Installation · Zomboided/service.vpn.manager Wiki · GitHub

killall needs to run without requiring a password?

• 01. Installation · Zomboided/service.vpn.manager Wiki · GitHub

killall needs to run without requiring a password?

I have actually figured if out after many hours of traipsing around google

How to run sudo command without a password on a Linux or Unix - nixCraft

I think something similar to that link needs to be added your installation instructions as they are very vague for first time linux users, as we all know linux is a very difficult platform anyway lol

• VPN Mgr 6.0.2 is on the repo and can be downloaded from GitHub

It adds support for Shellfire VPN using their API so that any changes they make to servers, etc are available immediately in the add-on.

It also fixes a bunch of things changed/broken in Kodi 18 Leia. I've tried to make upgrade work, and I think it does on Kodi 17, but if you upgrade to Kodi 18 first, and then upgrade to VPN Mgr 6.0.2, then you'll probably see an error which will require you to reboot the system before VPNs happen again. After this everything should work as expected.

Unfortunately you can no longer see the add-ons selected for filtering directly from the settings page. They're still active though, and you can see them if you select the appropriate line/option. I've raised a bug against Kodi.

Any other issues, first try uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on before you post a bug report. I don't wanna spend any more time chasing issues caused by the changes between 17 and 18, and will focus development on 18 going forward.

• We all are living in digital age where access of internet is increasing incredibly and we all have faced such issues of privacy and data leaking so here all VPN service providers give solutions. I, personally recommended *bleep* which provide privacy security,anonymity,reliability and full of internet freedom and easy to configure too.