[9.0.0] LibreELEC builds for MX2/G18

• ok guys i need help i am running openelec 6.0.3 and want to move over to libreelec latest kodi version. not the best at all this but willing to learn. Can anybody tell me or link me over to what files i need and possibly a quick how to. thank you inadvance

• ok I was able to install libre elec 7.95.3 this version has kodi 17.0 is there a version that has 17.3 ? If so what is the easiest way to update. Any help is appreciated.

• I'm not sure what is going on..... do the nand on the box go bad?? I flash my friend mx2 box with latest zip. I turn the box on with USB with image file for the storage then I run the command ssh seems like everything worked because I did the exact same to my mx2 box. But for my friends box when I take out the USB with the image file then turn the box on it won't work. It says something corrupt on top left corner and it go past the libreelec screen. Oh and his box was running ember before if that helps.....

• do I place that in the update folder like a tar file and just reboot?

Yes u can do it that way too. That is done through samba. Just drag the file in to the update folder. When it's done transferring then just reboot

• from version 7.95.3 placing that file in update folder then rebooting the box does not see the update. Maybe because it is not a tar file. Any other ideas?

• from version 7.95.3 placing that file in update folder then rebooting the box does not see the update. Maybe because it is not a tar file. Any other ideas?

Did u dl the tar. File??? Usually I just do new install. My problem is getting the memory to nand I'm hoping it's just flash drive is bad

• I have done it from open elec as new install. But for some reason the 7.95.3 is the only one that takes. When I did the tar file it just hangs on the libre elec splash screen. Updating from 7.95.3 to 8.0.2 that is.

• I have done it from open elec as new install. But for some reason the 7.95.3 is the only one that takes. When I did the tar file it just hangs on the libre elec splash screen. Updating from 7.95.3 to 8.0.2 that is.

go on the page 1 u have make an storage image with libreelec image creator. Once u do that pop that in the side of ur box it will work. U can make the image using a USB flash stick or Sd card. Basically that will be ur external memory. Hope u get what I'm trynna say I suck at explaining things.

• im typing the right ip address. I'm trying have my memory store to nand. I've done it to other boxes. but i keep getting this

Last login: Tue Jul 25 15:02:46 on ttys000

Deez-MBP:~ Dee$ ssh [email protected]

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!

Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!

It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.

The fingerprint for the ECDSA key sent by the remote host is

SHA256:EPdalAH0HUfck20p4ocwNVEXhkog6xmmUQYw1fEl3T0.

Please contact your system administrator.

Add correct host key in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.

Offending ECDSA key in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts:6

ECDSA host key for 192.xxx.x.xx has changed and you have requested strict checking.

Host key verification failed.

Deez-MBP:~ Dee$

do i have to use different image storage for each box? before trying to run it on nand.

• Ok thanks. Two questions. 1. Is there an updated link for the image and 2. Will the stick or sd have to stay in from now on our just for the first time? And thanks for your help. Your explanations have been fine.

• Ok thanks. Two questions. 1. Is there an updated link for the image and 2. Will the stick or sd have to stay in from now on our just for the first time? And thanks for your help. Your explanations have been fine.

8.0.2 is the latest. It's running krypton 17.3. Yes u will have to leave the card in unless u ssh and run a command. But my problem is when ssh it it won't let me connect as u can see in the post above. So I have to run it with image storage on SD and leave it in there!

• The problem is that SSH client application on your Mac has saved previous remote system identification for this IP address. Simple solution for you is to delete the known_hosts file in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts (or open it in text editor and remove line 6).

Offending ECDSA key in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts:6

• got it working with the image thanks guys. Next is how to get it to work without the external sd card. Something About ssh commands. Teach me, ready to learn. Never messed with ssh don't really know anything about it. Main thing at this point is that its working.