7.95.3 Cubox-i4 dont boot

• Hi,
    I just tried to migrate from OpenElec 7.0.3 to LibreElec 7.95.3.

First I used the LibreElec USB-SD creator, then Win32DIskimager on a clean SD card, In both cases it failed to start after the short bootscreen from Solidrun (CuBox).
    I then installed by putting the Image in OpeEelecs Update folder and the install worked, after booting Krypton databases were updated and I could run LibreElec as it should. After a first reboot however, its back in the previous,short display of SolidRuns boot lines and then 'no signal' show on my TV.

Im now downloading 7.95.2 to see if this make any difference.

/Stefan

• Oh yes i4. I made a clean install of 7.95.2 now with the USB-SD Creator and it booted right away. Restoring my backup now and will report back later when I dared to reboot again... ;) seems it's 7.95.3 or the image for cubox that is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I used the backup add on on my openelec but the movie database didn't restore... well it's the chances you take with betas.
    Not the first or last time it will happen either ;)

[hr]
    Beginning to live the new skin though and the fast boot.

Edited once, last by Balcmeg (February 12, 2017 at 12:49 PM).

• I've just done a clean install of 7.95.3 and it boots normally. (Has it been fixed already?)

Output from serial connection:

U-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc4 (Feb 09 2017 - 05:34:44)
    Boot Device: SD1

U-Boot 2013.10-rc4 (Feb 09 2017 - 05:34:44)

CPU: Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.2 at 792 MHz
    Reset cause: WDOG
    Board: MX6-CuBox-i
    DRAM: 2 GiB
    MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0
    *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In: serial
    Out: serial
    Err: serial
    Net: FEC [PRIME]
    (Re)start USB...
    USB0: USB EHCI 1.00
    scanning bus 0 for devices... 3 USB Device(s) found
    scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
    scanning usb for ethernet devices... 0 Ethernet Device(s) found
    Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
    mmc0 is current device
    ** Unable to read file /boot.scr **
    532 bytes read in 14 ms (37.1 KiB/s)
    Importing environment from mmc0 ...
    9092976 bytes read in 417 ms (20.8 MiB/s)
    Booting from mmc ...
    34894 bytes read in 20 ms (1.7 MiB/s)
    Loaded imx6q-cubox-i.dtb
    Booting /KERNEL
    Kernel image @ 0x10800000 [ 0x000000 - 0x8abf70 ]
    ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 18000000
    Booting using the fdt blob at 0x18000000
    Using Device Tree in place at 18000000, end 1800b84d

Starting kernel ...

• I'm still on 7.95.2. Will try out this and skip 7.95.3 for now since I had 3 fails with different installs. I do however have an issue that the system lick when I press stop while watching a movie/tc series. But that might be an old issue. I have not checked the forums.

• I'm still on 7.95.2. Will try out this and skip 7.95.3 for now since I had 3 fails with different installs.

Don't expect next version to be much better. With one guy touching basic things and the other doing basic testing you can't expect miracles.

• I'll clone my SD before I update further ;) as long as the music library work as I want.

[hr]
    @Iridim, do you use CuBox-i4 as well? If you do them ine should work too.

Confirm and I will clone my SD and try to update on the current working installed SD.

/Stefan

Edited once, last by Balcmeg (February 12, 2017 at 2:55 PM).

• Balcmeg - Yes I use a Cubox-i4 (Amongst others) although at the moment I am sticking to 7.90.010 because of sound issues - already posted.

I only tried a new boot, to see what the issue was, I didn't go much further than that.

Please remember that the IMX6 issue is a community build and will always be behind the "better" flavours.

• Balcmeg - Yes I use a Cubox-i4 (Amongst others) although at the moment I am sticking to 7.90.010 because of sound issues - already posted.

I only tried a new boot, to see what the issue was, I didn't go much further than that.

Please remember that the IMX6 issue is a community build and will always be behind the "better" flavours.

Iridium, thank you for conforming you used same model as me.
    I looked up your post - remember that I jumped into LiblreElec just last night because I am considering to migrate from my hardware music streamer to software based through KODI. The convenience of being lazy and not have to change input on my DAC when switching between movie and audio, as well as removing one more desktop item. My audio hardware are quite spacious for a Hong Kong apartment. I never managed to adapt to the smaller sizes after moving here form Sweden.

Anyway, Apart from the boot log showing that alsa could not initialize the audio widget (my USB/I2S receiver in my DAC) I don't seem to have the same issues as you. I did not listen critically to the sound though, but it sounded normal when we watched a movie and some TV series last night. The Audio Widget is not an issue, after plugging in and out the USB cable once i could select the widget form the menu as usual. Might get annoying in a longer run but right now I don't know if it was a temporary thing.

I don't mind if the build is a bit behind, right now its still ahead of Openelec as far as I can see so its all relative. I will run it for a while and see how I like it, that i have to reboot because it freezes after every movie I watch bugs me a bit though. Maybe ill down grade once more, or try to figure out why my 3 installs of 7.95.3 freezes at boot while yours work. vPeters build above might be an idea.

Wish I remembered more of microprocessor programming from my university days, then I would have offered my services here, as it is now id probably do more harm than good :)

• Cool! I was just going to post that I installed your image of 7.95.3 on a separate SD card and that it works well too. I will install this new iPhone Mage instead right away and see how it goes.

• All, I just wanted to confirm that the released 7.95.3 did not fix the boot problem with my Cubox-i4x4. I was hoping this was finally fixed but I guess something went wrong (as vpeter suggested).

I will be trying the 7.95.3 with kernel 3.14 version later this week. I have been staying away from any updates since 7.0.2 because none of them worked well for live TV for me. I am hoping to take advantage of all of the improvements since 7.0.2.