Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• One more time a question about the new 1.6 release.

I got it managed to boot it up one time, but after a reboot it was not bootable again.

Could it be, that the system.img is too big for the primary FAT16 Partition?

Even an update would not be possible, because the partition size of the usually used FAT16 system partitions

is here 640MB instead of the 512MB which are used for all the other images :?:

• niabi Indeed your SYSTEM image is too big. You might want to change compression method to gzip or xz, whichever fits 512MB.

Edit: I noticed that you changed the size some days ago. This is generally not a good idea, users cannot upgrade after size change. Using a different compression may help you keep the size below 512MB.

• niabi Indeed your SYSTEM image is too big. You might want to change compression method to gzip or xz, whichever fits 512MB.

Edit: I noticed that you changed the size some days ago. This is generally not a good idea, users cannot upgrade after size change. Using a different compression may help you keep the size below 512MB.

I was able to compile myself changing back to 512MB partition. I just removed one of the ES themes to get under 512MB without changing the compression.

• jaykass

I tried to modify the SYSTEM image with xz parameters. It is now around 100mb less. So it would match the partition size. Unfortunately it is also not booting.

Could you forward your image maybe?

• kszaq

I didn't compile the system completely.

Just tried it with squashfs tools to extract the SYSTEM and then compress it again with the parameters you mentioned.

There was no error message shown during the extraction and compressing process. Additionaly i generated a new checksum, too. But it is not working.

• jaykass

I tried to modify the SYSTEM image with xz parameters. It is now around 100mb less. So it would match the partition size. Unfortunately it is also not booting.

Could you forward your image maybe?

Wish I could but after updating, it wouldn't fully boot. I was able to revert successfully back to v1.5 though.

Strange as the only thing I changed was the dependency on one es theme. Maybe I accidentally did something else.

Edit: changed the es theme dependency and the partition size back to 512 (from 612).

• What a pity, because i know how long the compiling process is taking time, especially with an old CPU, like i have.

One thing i still don't understand is,

why the workaround i tried was not working.

We have to wait for until Niabi is back.

• kszaq

Thank you very much for your answer.

Now it is clear for me. This only can be set before compiling a built. Means i must wait, due to my hardware limits,

for a new release.

Yes, Thank you for reminding me, I did it to test something out (a new FrontEnd) and I forgot to change it back for the release! I will push a fix for this!

• Sorry guys I was out for the weekend and I just came back, I will change the partion size, as I mentioned on the last reply I did it for some tests, and I totally forgot about it!

I will release the update today!

• I was able to compile myself changing back to 512MB partition. I just removed one of the ES themes to get under 512MB without changing the compression.

There are other things I am going to also remove, some Libretro cores are really not working that good on S905 so those can be removed, and as you did, some ES-themes, since these can be added after.