Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• hi,

i was on your last think 1.8.2. I made a test yesterday. Cloned my sd card and wrote your img on another empty card. After that i take the whole files on "Flash" from the new sd card and copied all files (system, kernel, img)to the "Flash" on my old sd card. And it worked. The old sd card bootet normaly and in kodi it says 1.8.4. I am right that the UPDATES are only in files KERNEL and SYSTEM?!?! And these are the only NEW files? Cause if i updated the right way and put the update file in .updates, on the screen always comes the message that he is copying KERNEL AND SYSTEM.

Greetings,

J

Yes the update only Kernel and System, storage is basically all created at runtime/user created stuff

• literally this is the top of the autostart.sh

JtIPeEn.png

This is the reason why setting the mount as services is a better solution.

Anyways, try putting just the mount line at the very bottom, before "#hacky way to get samba on boot"

• Yes the update only Kernel and System, storage is basically all created at runtime/user created stuff

Ah ok, then my manually copying your new files from 1.8.4 works. Thanks for this important info. So i can do updates without putting in .update folder, if the "flash" space is too low.

• Ah ok, then my manually copying your new files from 1.8.4 works. Thanks for this important info. So i can do updates without putting in .update folder, if the "flash" space is too low.

Yes that could work, but I still think a better alternative is to just backup the whole /storage partition to a USB stick or something and then restore it on a new install since you might run into other problems.

• This is the reason why setting the mount as services is a better solution.

Anyways, try putting just the mount line at the very bottom, before "#hacky way to get samba on boot"

I tried using this

Same result, mounted at first time, I can see the roms through file manager in kodi/filezilla in windows in /storage/roms path, but ES can't

• This is the es_log

Code
    lvl1:     Error - folder with path "/storage/roms/n64" is not a directory!
    lvl1:     System "n64" has no games! Ignoring it.

:-/

can you type this in SSH

Code
    ls -Rla /storage/roms | paste

and post the link

• Well everything looks to be correct, this might be a problem with ES itself, I hate bothering the developers by opening issues on their github since we are not really using ES on the platform it was intended too, so I need to investigate further and see if I can fix it myself.

• Can you post the steps you used to update? someone else has the same problem and it would be nice to know what yo

1.Extract all files of 0.fat from Sx05RE-S905.arm-1.8.4.img.

2.Download the new dtb file from Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees and rename it to dtb.img according to your box.

3.Replace all files above in FAT partition of your SD card in Windows or something similar.

4.Plug the SD card into box and boot, wait a few minutes and it will boot successfully with updated system.

5.SSH to your box with PC, delete all 3 following directories: .config, .kodi, .cache.

6.Reboot your box and it will boot with fresh RA and ES settings. But all ROMs and snaps will be untouched.

Edited 2 times, last by SumavisionQ5 (March 17, 2018 at 1:20 AM).

• V1.8.5 Released!

Release 1.8.5 with Sx05RE settings in ES · shantigilbert/Sx05RE · GitHub

I was donated a S905x box by ts-911 , and I can continue working on Sx05RE! THANK YOU!

This version now includes a simple settings menu inside ES where you can select the core of many of the emulators, but note that some cores are not installed by default (like Mame2010) so if you choose a core that is not installed nothing will happen.

You can now also choose what starts at boot, ES, Retroarch or Kodi! no more messing with SSH!

It also includes a way to completely reset the system in case you run into some problems, but please be careful! this will reset all configurations to default.

All the libretro cores have been updated to the latest version as well as Advance mame

Anyways as always, enjoy!

• Hi there,

wrote the image on a SD-Card, but after the controller installation it hangs on the ES Screen loading. Goes shortly black and then comes the ES Screen with loading (like a boot loop), where normally comes "Cant found no images". So I can't do a ssh on the box. Is there a quick workaround to fix it?!

Greetz,

J.

• Hi there,

wrote the image on a SD-Card, but after the controller installation it hangs on the ES Screen loading. Goes shortly black and then comes the ES Screen with loading (like a boot loop), where normally comes "Cant found no images". So I can't do a ssh on the box. Is there a quick workaround to fix it?!

Greetz,

J.

This is an odd one, did you upgrade or was it a clean install ?

SSH should be up before ES starts, but you need to be connected over ethernet.

• This is an odd one, did you upgrade or was it a clean install ?

SSH should be up before ES starts, but you need to be connected over ethernet.

Same for me, I did a fresh install and ES is stuck in a boot loop right after controller setup.