Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• First of all, thank you very much for all the work you done.

I spent some time today setting all up (added NFS automount to autostart.sh, indexed some folders, added C64) all without major issues.

I did run into one issue, and that is that I wanted to add Atari ST and Commodore Amiga options as well, but these cores are not in this version.

I was thinking of just copying over the cores from the current Lakka for S905, but i suspect there is something more involved.

Anybody have experience with adding cores ?

You can just copy the cores (to /tmp/cores), or you can go into retroarch and download the cores from the "load core" menu if they are available. I have no experience with those cores so I am not sure if something else is needed (like bios, or gamepad/keyboard setup, etc) .

Then you will have to edit the es_systems.cfg if you want them to show in Emulationstation. The Commodore Amiga core is installed, its just not added to es_systems.cfg

• You can just copy the cores (to /tmp/cores), or you can go into retroarch and download the cores from the "load core" menu if they are available. I have no experience with those cores so I am not sure if something else is needed (like bios, or gamepad/keyboard setup, etc) .

Then you will have to edit the es_systems.cfg if you want them to show in Emulationstation. The Commodore Amiga core is installed, its just not added to es_systems.cfg

Ah great, I'll try and report back what is needed/works/etc.

Which Amiga core is included, by the way? (i've tried to look for UAE variants)

• Ah great, I'll try and report back what is needed/works/etc.

Which Amiga core is included, by the way? (i've tried to look for UAE variants)

Not sure but if you open retroarch and go to "load core" you can see the cores that are installed, I can see one for the CA there.

• Not sure but if you open retroarch and go to "load core" you can see the cores that are installed, I can see one for the CA there.

I think I'm being dim here, but I see no Ami core at all (also not available for download).

Do you have an exact name? Under Commodore I only have C64 and C128.

(the closest I got was catsfc , which is definately not it :) )

• I think I'm being dim here, but I see no Ami core at all (also not available for download).

Do you have an exact name? Under Commodore I only have C64 and C128.

(the closest I got was catsfc , which is definately not it :) )

Honestly not sure, I saw it earlier, and I am sure it was Amiga Commodore, maybe its puae ?

Edit: yep its Commodore - Amiga (P-UAE)

Edited once, last by niabi (March 12, 2018 at 12:19 AM).

• I have some bad news (well for me at least) while I was moving around my box I plugged a wrong power cord (12v instead of the 5v needed) and I fried my S905 :( so now I am out of a board to do any kind of tinkering around. I am going to release 1.8.4 later today, but that will be the last one for a while until I can get a new S905 board, if I get a new board, as in my country they are not cheap.

• A new version has been uploaded to github.

http://github.com/shantigilbert/…ases/tag/v1.8.4

This will probably be the last release of Sx05RE for the S905 as my unit burned out by a stupid mistake a made, so unless I can get my hands on another one for pretty cheap (very unlikely) I will not be purchasing a new unit, they are too expensive for me. And if I do buy one it would probably be a S912 or something else as the S905 is getting outdated.

I will not really stop moving around in the code (its to addictive) but the changes,if any, will be untested by me.

There are a few minor fixes and a few new features on this release, most notably is the avility to access every needed folder from the samba shares (roms, config and FE config)

All the emulators and cores are up to date and fixed to work on the S905 as good as I can make them.

A version with Pegasus-FE will be made available if there is demand for it.

Enjoy!

• how and where I can add to autostart.sh?, like I said I am so bad with the commands and linux

Once you find what works for you (mounting a share or whatever) you can either use ssh to edit the file

Code
    nano  /storage/.config/autostart.sh 

you can also use samba to access and edit the file.

And add this at the bottom.

Code
    (
       your_command_or_script &

)&
  • I think I leave it, there's no way to find the server roms ...

Searching in google, I found the repository of "bite your idols" the addon Gamestarter, but I think it is only valid for rPi and when I started ES with the s905 it does not work. niabi if you want check it... GitHub - bite-your-idols/Gamestarter: Retrogaming kodi add-on repository for LibreELEC

The good thing that I saw is that it allowed to choose the route of the roms through the kodi file manager, but as I said, it is not functional for the amlogic and I couldn't test, but I saw the roms and I can see them through the file manager.

I tried the route that the "Gamestarted" uses in es_systems.cfg with SX05re, but doesn't work XD

Maybe with Pegasus frontend will be easier?

• DarzLir I don't think that is the problem, you need to mount it on LE to be able to do it, if you are able to mount it on Kodi it means there is a way to do it by command line. The ROM search script does not care where the roms are stored as long as the path is /storage/roms

Just thinking out loud you could probably try this:

Mount your share on Kodi
    login by SSH and search to where your share is mounted (/mnt or /var/media are a good start or by using "find" and searching for a file you know is there)

change the path of the symbolic link in autostart.sh using nano from:

ln -sf $PATHTOROMS /storage/roms

to

ln -sf /path/of/your/mount /storage/roms

save and restart your box

• I will try tomorrow, ^^

• Can anyone with a S905x (or w) do a simple test for me?

Run MK2 on Advmame and let me know if they get a decent frame rate? I am getting reports that Advmame runs MK2 "poorly" on S905X which I find strange since it ran very good with my old S905.

Can anyone else please confirm ?

• Honestly not sure, I saw it earlier, and I am sure it was Amiga Commodore, maybe its puae ?

Edit: yep its Commodore - Amiga (P-UAE)

Somehow it was missing in the 1.8.2 noram version, but I just copied the files from the new 1.8.4 image :)

(hatari seems to be just dumping core at the moment, so I hope PUAE works a bit better)

back to testing..